Seperating Product and marketing subdomains in traffic analytics

json_ono
Participant

Hi HS community!!

I would like to split the website traffic into 2 based on different use cases. 

• So we currently have 3 main subdomains for marketing with hubspot tracking tool - (www / info / blog)
  • as well as 2 product focused subdomains with it - (app / help)

NOTE: two of these are externally built and not part of the HS ecosystem (app / www)

So I have looked around and can't seem to find the solution I am looking for and I can't seem to find the right terminology to use when I am googling.

• I cant filter by source/domain in either the sources/pages tab in the analytics page, as only HS hosted options are available.
  • I could create 2x custom analytics views - but it isnt clear how to use the subdomain filter to include multiple subdomains - do I use regex or a list like you would use in property filtering "is" or "isn't" options?Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 10.49.36.png
  • Or is there another possibility I am not thinking of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @json_ono,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @Josh @Kim_HM @Aakar , would you be able to share your thoughts with @json_ono?

Thanks,
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Kim_HM
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @json_ono , 

From my experience, I think it is best to create a separate analytics view per subdomain (app and help), so that you have two. You do this by only entering the subdomain, as I did in the example below.

Schermafbeelding 2020-10-11 om 17.34.33.png

Hopefully this will help you further!

json_ono
Participant

Thanks Kim

For your recommandation. That doesn't answer if it is possible. But I guess for now, instead of being able to group them based on where they are in their customer journey, then I will have to do it purely by subdomain. Thanks.

0 Upvotes