Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

BLyons

Sending emails/triggering events IMMEDIATELY after contact property "is known"

Hi all!

Quick couple of questions. I'm building out our HubSpot integration and am wanting to send emails and trigger workflows IMMEDIATELY after we capture certain pieces of data in HubSpot CRM.

Particularly, when a user signs up for our service. We use MongoDB, and via API calls, their user information is pushed to HubSpot immediately. However, when enrolling the user in an email workflow, the trigger I'm using (when their MongoDB userID "is known" doesn't trigger the first email immediately - there's a significant delay before the user recieves the first email in the series. 

Is it possible to have an event triggered (workflow enrollment, sending them a form on the website) IMMEDIATELY after a certain contact property "is known" in the CRM?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Sending emails/triggering events IMMEDIATELY after contact property "is known"

What is your current timing of how long it is taking? Have you tried setting up a timestamp at the same time (ie: MongoDB created time) and then seeing what the entry time is?  I'm curious as to whether the API call could also be causing delay as they are often sent in batches instead of every update to stay within API limits.

You could also try using a list membership with requirements that their MongoDB userID is known and see if that helps.  

0 Upvotes