Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SDF
Mitglied

Sending content after form submission

lösung

Is it better to send free content offers via an instant download on a landing/thank you page, or should I email the link to download the piece of content? I agree that it's less hassle for the customer to view the content offer from an instant download seconds after they submitted my form, instead of navigating to their email and finding the email I sent with said content offer. But do I run the risk of people filling in a bogus email address just so they can submit the form and get the content instantly? Or should I just do both (make available on the thank you page and send it via email), and not worry that some individuals may supply a non-existent email address?

Help, please.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
ndwilliams3
Lösung
Autorität

lösung
I make it available via the thank you page and also include a link to the thank you page in a the follow up email. I wouldn't worry too much about bogus email address. It does happen, but not enough to force all visitors to go to their email to get the download. Make it easier for your real prospects.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
5 Antworten
Josh
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @SDF,

I agree with the previous comment. I'd definitely put the download option on the landing page, but also send a thank you email. The person requesting the download wouldn't necessarily know how the offer will be delivered to begin with. We typically see less of an issue with bogus email addresses than we do with personal accounts (gmail, yahoo, etc.). I don't always discount personal email addresses, but they are lower on my focus. If I can easily find out who they belong to and might be a good fit, I'll try to find more info.

Best of luck!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

roisinkirby
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

Great discussions and insights here guys - thanks for the contributions! @ndwilliams3 @SparkReaction @Josh

SparkReaction
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

At SparkReaction, we personally send an email afterwards just to confirm we get good email addresses.

We also include a thank you page, though, to "tease" the next offer in the sequence.

Sending the offer in an email also gives the person a way to save it to a folder and look at it later.

ndwilliams3
Lösung
Autorität

lösung
I make it available via the thank you page and also include a link to the thank you page in a the follow up email. I wouldn't worry too much about bogus email address. It does happen, but not enough to force all visitors to go to their email to get the download. Make it easier for your real prospects.
0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

Great question @SDF and thanks for sharing your insights @ndwilliams3

@SDF have you checked out the new Projects Tool (see here). Projects are step by step guides to help you quickly reach your inbound marketing goals using multiple HubSpot Tools. Like any good teacher, they'll provide extra help when you need it, and basic instructions when you don't - and some great best practice / strategy tips.

You can search campaign/content offer projects and recipes here: https://academy.hubspot.com/customer-projects#filter=.build-a-campaign

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 11.49.43 AM.png

0 Upvotes