Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

KHeyer
Participant

Sending a B2B email on the Monday before Thanksgiving

SOLVE

I'm seeking opinions on sending a B2B newsletter the Monday before the US Thanksgiving holiday.

I figure it could go either way.
Everyone is OOO, and it will get lost in their inbox when they return.
OR
It's a quiet week, and it might be the best time to send an email before everyone is bombarded with emails after the holiday!

I would appreciate any comments if you've done this and how it worked out. Or your thoughts on sending it?

If not, I'll let you know what my results are after

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Whathcock
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @KHeyer ,

I think its pretty low-risk to send the email before Thanksgiving—if you don't get the results you want, you can tweak and re-send after the holiday! That would be my recommendation.

Whitney
signature.png

Whitney Hathcock
 HubSpot Community Champion
Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KHeyer,

I agree with the point made by @Whathcock that it's a relatively low-risk decision, and I'd like to add a few considerations to help you make an informed choice:

1. Check your audience's typical behavior during holiday periods. If your target audience tends to be less active during this time, sending a tailored message that acknowledges the holiday and provides value might resonate well.

2. Ensure that the content of your newsletter is relevant and valuable, considering the holiday context. If you have compelling content or special offers related to the Thanksgiving season, it could enhance engagement.

3. As suggested by @Whathcock, having a follow-up plan is crucial. If the response is not as expected, be prepared to adjust your approach and potentially resend or follow up with a different campaign post-Thanksgiving.
  4. Keep an eye on your competitors' email activity during this time. If many of them are quiet, it might be an opportunity for your message to stand out. Conversely, if they are active, you may need to strategize accordingly.

Remember, every audience is unique, so the best approach often involves a mix of industry benchmarks, audience behavior analysis, and a bit of experimentation.

Feel free to share your results afterward – I'd be interested to hear how it goes! If you have any more specific details about your audience or content, I'd be happy to provide more tailored advice.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

FCorbaci
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @KHeyer ,

While agreeing what @karstenkoehler , @Whathcock , would like to add some points from experience. I've send communication materials before holidays (in EU):

+ Its going to be a lot of auto-reply OOO emails.
+ I would send only if my content and my service/product have some relevancy. Do I give them something that they might want to check out or use during thanksgiving, if  yes, go ahead. If not, you can still experiment but I would not spend too much energy curating the newsletter.
+  I would avoid hard CTAs e.g. book a call. But if you have a broader campaign (adding followups after), where you can check in with their vacation, continue the conversation, there you might add some harder CTAs

in the end its how your audience behaves. Maybe check previous holiday periods' communication analytics. How is your audience's engagement rate with emails compared to normal periods? Do they engage with emails more because its not that busy or do they do less because they are mentally in vacation already 🙂

Best

4 Replies 4
GhufranPervaiz

SOLVE

The Monday before Thanksgiving is a quiet week for many businesses, so sending your B2B newsletter on this day could reduce competition and increase engagement. However, some people may not check their email during this week, so you may also see lower open rates. Ultimately, the decision of when to send your newsletter depends on your specific target audience and goals. You can always test it out one year and see how it works for you.

Additional tips:

- Keep your newsletter concise and to the point.
- Share timely and relevant content.
- Use a festive and eye-catching design.
- Personalize your message.
- Track your results.

0 Upvotes
FCorbaci
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @KHeyer ,

While agreeing what @karstenkoehler , @Whathcock , would like to add some points from experience. I've send communication materials before holidays (in EU):

+ Its going to be a lot of auto-reply OOO emails.
+ I would send only if my content and my service/product have some relevancy. Do I give them something that they might want to check out or use during thanksgiving, if  yes, go ahead. If not, you can still experiment but I would not spend too much energy curating the newsletter.
+  I would avoid hard CTAs e.g. book a call. But if you have a broader campaign (adding followups after), where you can check in with their vacation, continue the conversation, there you might add some harder CTAs

in the end its how your audience behaves. Maybe check previous holiday periods' communication analytics. How is your audience's engagement rate with emails compared to normal periods? Do they engage with emails more because its not that busy or do they do less because they are mentally in vacation already 🙂

Best

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KHeyer,

I agree with the point made by @Whathcock that it's a relatively low-risk decision, and I'd like to add a few considerations to help you make an informed choice:

1. Check your audience's typical behavior during holiday periods. If your target audience tends to be less active during this time, sending a tailored message that acknowledges the holiday and provides value might resonate well.

2. Ensure that the content of your newsletter is relevant and valuable, considering the holiday context. If you have compelling content or special offers related to the Thanksgiving season, it could enhance engagement.

3. As suggested by @Whathcock, having a follow-up plan is crucial. If the response is not as expected, be prepared to adjust your approach and potentially resend or follow up with a different campaign post-Thanksgiving.
  4. Keep an eye on your competitors' email activity during this time. If many of them are quiet, it might be an opportunity for your message to stand out. Conversely, if they are active, you may need to strategize accordingly.

Remember, every audience is unique, so the best approach often involves a mix of industry benchmarks, audience behavior analysis, and a bit of experimentation.

Feel free to share your results afterward – I'd be interested to hear how it goes! If you have any more specific details about your audience or content, I'd be happy to provide more tailored advice.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Whathcock
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @KHeyer ,

I think its pretty low-risk to send the email before Thanksgiving—if you don't get the results you want, you can tweak and re-send after the holiday! That would be my recommendation.

Whitney
signature.png

Whitney Hathcock
 HubSpot Community Champion
Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.