Sending Proposals

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have suggestions for sending proposals? I find it a bit cumbersome and think that I must be doing something wrong. Currently, our process has us attach a proposal to a Deal record but the attachments can't be inserted into email so then we have to open Documents and insert the proposal file. The next step is to go back to the Deal or Contact record to send the Proposal.

There has to be a better way. What are your suggestions?

0 Upvotes
8 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Another question: What about sequences? There doesn't appear to be any option to attach a file to a sequence.

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Are you using the documents feature? You should be able to add these documents to templates and sequences, as well as as when sending from the CRM

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Yes, we're using the Documents feature. The problem is that you can't add documents to a Sequence.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor | Diamond Partner | Certified Trainer

You can add the document link to a template if it's been uploaded to Hubspot and then build that template into a sequence. There are also some nice integrations you can look at for building and sending proposals from templates - whether you need to look at that sort of thing is going to depend on the complexity of your proposals and how many you are sending out. 

Out of curiousity, why do you want to build a proposal document into a sequence? If I can understand what you are trying to do, I might be able to give you a better steer...

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

When a proposal is requested, I would like to deliver it in the first step of a sequence so follow-ups are already queued. I want to add the proposal to the sequence manually before sending.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor | Diamond Partner | Certified Trainer

I see what you mean about not being able to add the document to the sequence now! 

The workaround would be to upload the document and then go to the contact record and add the required document link to a blank email - then copy the link, click sequences, select the sequence you need and paste the document link in as required. Once the link is pasted you can change the text as you would with a document link in a normal email.

Does that help? 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Appreciate the effort, but it's much too cumbersome. I think we've decided to share all proposals from Google Drive and insert the link in the sequence from there. It would be very nice if uploads from the Sequence UI was supported and those files could be attached to a record only and not lumped into one universal root storage that becomes harder and harder to search. It's apparent the file organization is made for general marketing collateral and not unique documents.

0 Upvotes

I have found the PandaDocs integration to be amazing for sending out proposals! Especially with us being a B2B SaaS company they are super handy! Highly recommend and the integration works great.