Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

kaplankada
Participant

Send out of office on shared email inbox

SOLVE

We use a shared inbox for a group of customer service agents. One of those agents with ongoing conversations is going to be out of the office for a few days. While other agents can respond when appropriate we would like to be able to have an automated response for any conversations that are on going to let the customer know that the agent is unavailable. Is this possible? If not, what is the best practice way to retain a generic inbox methodology while being able to handle individualized availability?

1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @kaplankada ,

Currently, in HubSpot, there is an option to set up email filters in your conversations inbox, being able to "Automated Response Email: an auto-generated email such as an automatic reply or out-of-office reply. "

This article here explains more about it.

At the moment there is not an option in HubSpot to set Out of Office messages to a specific user, I was able to find a similar idea in our Ideas forum here,

my recommendation would be if you can upvote this idea and leave your comment, this way our product team who constantly watches that channel will be aware of our customer's ideas.

I would also recommend checking the settings inside the shared inbox, as some email servers may offer options for individual users in the shared inbox.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @kaplankada ,

Currently, in HubSpot, there is an option to set up email filters in your conversations inbox, being able to "Automated Response Email: an auto-generated email such as an automatic reply or out-of-office reply. "

This article here explains more about it.

At the moment there is not an option in HubSpot to set Out of Office messages to a specific user, I was able to find a similar idea in our Ideas forum here,

my recommendation would be if you can upvote this idea and leave your comment, this way our product team who constantly watches that channel will be aware of our customer's ideas.

I would also recommend checking the settings inside the shared inbox, as some email servers may offer options for individual users in the shared inbox.

Kindly,

Pam

SFyrand
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Pam, 

I honestly don't see why this can't be fixed on short notice? There are currently two cases on this problem, the one that you mention and this one which currently has 34 upvotes

This would be super valuable and remove the fact that this has to be done manually now. It should be as easy as a simple button that has your user reject all delegated tasks/users etc. 

How many upvotes would it require to before it would get the product team looking at it? 

Kind regards

Stian 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @SFyrand Thank you for your feedback, at the moment there is not a specific number for an idea to be created, our ideas forum is monitored regularly by our product team,  leaving your feedback on the idea will alert our team, doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

Kindly.

Pam

anhthi
Participant

SOLVE

Hello - Is there a way to send an automated email response for all email channels connected to our Shared Inbox? We want to set up a response that says "Thank you for your email, our team will respond back to you within 1 business day", so customers aren't worried if they don't hear from someone the minute they email us.

Thanks!

Anh-Thi

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @anhthi 

At this time there is not a way to send an automated one to one email via the conversations inbox.

The only automated way to trigger an email in Hubspot is to use a workflow, however even in a workflow here isn't an option to say "if a contact sends email to support@exampleemail.com  send marketing email X"

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam