Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

xemesrobian

Send email based on upcoming task - Workflows for automated marketing

You can set a work flow to look at tasks, but you cannot select due date as a selection criteria.  As an exmaple, I want to send an email to a contact 3 days prior to the due date of the task. 

In our case, we use tasks to identify a customer has a time limited software.  Three days prior to the expiry date, I want to advise them that the software will expire.  Right now the only way to do this would be to setup custom fields on the contact and run the workflow on the contact. But each contact might have several time limited licenses, these would be captured as separate tasks, where as the work around will only work if the customer had one license.

2 Replies 2
MrBean
Top Contributor

`Due Date` is stored in`activity date` if your using Activities object type in workflows or lists. fyi

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @xemesrobian

That's correct, a workflow trigger that would enroll contacts x days prior to the assigned task's completion date is currently not available. I found this ideas post where a cutomer requested a similar feature. It'd be great if you could support the idea with an upvote and share your use case in the comments. We use the Ideas forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers. Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels. Thanks!

I'll also tag a couple of subject matter experts to see if they can recommend workarounds: 

Hi @GreyHamilton@Leadstreet-M@Dan1, do you have any tips for @xemesrobian? Thanks!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings