Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JohnS63
Colaborador(a)

Send a follow up / thank you email - best practice

resolver

Hello all, 

What is best practice for sending an automated follow up email following a content submission?

I have included links to the content so people can watch it on demand.

I also would like to have a link in the email for people to demo our software and be able to track the effectiveness (whether the piece of content has helped drive the lead to demo).

Would I link to a standard company contact us / product page (and if so would I need to set up campaign tracking parameters) or would it be best to create a separate 'get a demo' landing page for the form?

Given that we have a few pieces of content, would I set up a new demo page for each piece or is only one needed?

Finally, would a 'workflow' work better for the above goal of obtaining a demo or is the single follow up email good enough?

I look forward to any guidance! 

Thanks, 

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
coreysmith
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Ouro

resolver

A workflow is likely the best approach to this. There are a wide variety of options in this but the power of the workflow is awesome because you can create a totally custom email that gives the detail that you need. 

If you need help getting started, drop me an email smith@tributemedia.com

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com

Exibir solução no post original

shearn
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Thanks for the mention @roisinkirby

I agree with @coreysmith about using workflows for follow up content.

In my opinion, when offering demos I think you need to take into consideration how far down the pipeline your contacts are and the length of your buying cycle.

If the content piece they've downloaded is top of the funnel it may be too soon in the buying cycle to offer a demo (if it's a lengthy cycle), whereas if it's a middle to bottom funnel piece, a demo might be the next logical step.  

Lead Scoring can help you identify leads that are interested in your content/products. The difference between a lead downloading a single piece of content vs. a lead that has downloaded several pieces and viewed numerous pages could be a game changer. Lead scoring can help you identify these leads easier.

I would most definitely create a standalone landing page for your demo, with limited navigation to other parts of your site. Highlight the key benefits, have a short product video, customer testimonials,  strong CTA/form, etc. Anything that can give your product some validation (Personally, I'm a fan of customer reviews, ratings, interviews...anything that has real people talking about you instead of you talking about yourself/company).  

I would stick to one landing page and just look at the sources. If campaigns are tagged correctly, they should be reflected in your reports. You can use smart content fields and personalisation tokens to provide contacts with a personalised experience as well.

Best of luck!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

5 Respostas 5
shearn
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Thanks for the mention @roisinkirby

I agree with @coreysmith about using workflows for follow up content.

In my opinion, when offering demos I think you need to take into consideration how far down the pipeline your contacts are and the length of your buying cycle.

If the content piece they've downloaded is top of the funnel it may be too soon in the buying cycle to offer a demo (if it's a lengthy cycle), whereas if it's a middle to bottom funnel piece, a demo might be the next logical step.  

Lead Scoring can help you identify leads that are interested in your content/products. The difference between a lead downloading a single piece of content vs. a lead that has downloaded several pieces and viewed numerous pages could be a game changer. Lead scoring can help you identify these leads easier.

I would most definitely create a standalone landing page for your demo, with limited navigation to other parts of your site. Highlight the key benefits, have a short product video, customer testimonials,  strong CTA/form, etc. Anything that can give your product some validation (Personally, I'm a fan of customer reviews, ratings, interviews...anything that has real people talking about you instead of you talking about yourself/company).  

I would stick to one landing page and just look at the sources. If campaigns are tagged correctly, they should be reflected in your reports. You can use smart content fields and personalisation tokens to provide contacts with a personalised experience as well.

Best of luck!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
JohnS63
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Thanks for your guidance @shearn. Will try setting up a dedicated demo page and tagging campaigns. 

0 Avaliação positiva
roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver

Hey @JohnS63, welcome to the Community and thanks for your thoughtful question.  I'm going to tag some of our email / conversion experts here in the Marketing forum to share their insights: 

@cbsembler@HelenRoss@shearn@jrose78@gpicajr

0 Avaliação positiva
JohnS63
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Thanks @roisinkirby - appreciate it!

0 Avaliação positiva
coreysmith
Solução

resolver

A workflow is likely the best approach to this. There are a wide variety of options in this but the power of the workflow is awesome because you can create a totally custom email that gives the detail that you need. 

If you need help getting started, drop me an email smith@tributemedia.com

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com