Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JMayhew6
Contributeur

Searching for advice: Adding a Quote to a new deal when it is created

Hi everyone, 

I've hit a bit of a wall here while trying to think up a solution for an issue we are having with our web forms. 

We have partners who resell out product. When they successfully resell our product, they have a unique web form set up in HubSpot in which they enter some key information about the customer who they just closed.  Once this form is submitted, I have automation set up which automatically creates a new deal. So far, this all sounds easy-peasy.

Here's where it gets complicated: 

One of the things that the form asks for is that the partner attaches a file, which is a signed quote. Ideally, we would like for this quote to immediately get assigned to/associated with the new deal that gets created after the form is submitted. However, this isn't an option, because the quote is being submitted at the exact same time that the new deal is being created: its not possible to set up automation to assign the quote to a deal that does not yet exist. 

The 'work around' that we have been using is that the submitted quote gets assigned to a ticket, and then the ticket gets assigned to the deal. This is unideal and something we are attempting to improve upon, since the ticket is adding an unnecessary layer. (To review the quote, we have to click on the deal, then open the ticket, then open the quote, etc.) 

One thought that I had is I could create a second web form that our partners get pointed towards as soon as they finish submitting the first webform: in other words, webform 1 creates the deal once it is submitted, and webform 2 submits the quote and attaches it to the deal. However, this solution was rejected, since this would create too much work for our partners, and they would be unlikely to comply with it. 

So, has anyone encountered a similar issue? Can anyone think of a way to solve this problem? What would be your solution for this scenario? 

0 Votes
5 Réponses
christopher-RVO
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

@TiphaineCuisset  Thank you for the tag!

@JMayhew6  This is an interesting one. If the deal is being created via a workflow at the exact same time the form is being submitted, could you add a step of a 1 minute delay before the deal is created? Deals would still be created very quickly, in my experience one minute does not make a difference, and it would solve for the two objects being created simultaneously. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

JMayhew6
Contributeur

Thanks for the suggestion and I like where you are going with this, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't the issue in terms of the sequence the fact that it's the quote that needs to be created (or, in this instance, received via the webform) after the deal? If the deal was being created before the quote, then this would solve the problem, since then the quote would be able to find/get assigned to it. The delay you're suggesting doesn't solve the problem that the quote needs an object right away to associate itself with, since it is being submitted through a field on a web form. 

Or maybe I'm just having trouble visualizing what the workflow would look like?

0 Votes
christopher-RVO

@JMayhew6  Do the deals that the external partners are submitting quotes for already exist in the CRM? Or is the cadence the following: 

• Form submission with quote attachment
  • Deal object gets created
  • Quote needs to be assigned from data in form submission

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

JMayhew6
Contributeur

That is correct. The deal does not exist before the webform is submitted. The webform submission is the 'trigger' event that creates the deal, and the quote is one of the pieces of data that is submitted with the form. Thus, the deal and the quote are birthed by the same event/at the same instant. 

0 Votes
TiphaineCuisset
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi @JMayhew6 

Thank you for reaching out and for all these details! 

I want to tag some of our experts here - @jolle @christopher-RVO @SNigam do you have any advice or suggestions for @JMayhew6 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !