Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Ktribbian

Scrubbing Emails - Need Some Help

Hii to Whoever is there!

This is my first post here on the HS Community, so if I am posting in the incorrect forum, please guide me to the correct one,

I am currently tasked with importing company excel data into HS.
The data in the spreadsheets contain customer emails which I have cleaned so that only the text after "@" remains. That being omegle said, there are many customers which have emails that aren't actually the domain of their website, but just their email service.

I'm not referring to emails such as, cpstest, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc. but domains associated with the email service created within the company.
Is there a resource that allows me to search these email domains so that I can find the company's original website to properly populate in HS?

Additionally; does this mean that using a company's website, which will likely grab the correct properties for a company, does not work for companies that use such email domain services.

Please let me know if this makes sense, I'd be happy to provide an example of this is unclear.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
BukunmiOdetayo
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

Scrubbing Emails - Need Some Help

Hello @Ktribbian ,

Yes, this is the right place to ask whatever questions you might have regarding hubspot.

From what you've explained, I think you can find resources that allow you to look the company's original website up on the internet, and this resource might necessarily not be from hubspot. I personally don't know one at the moment.

And yes, hubspot will only grab the correct properties for email addresses created from a company domain, and not any email domain services. 

If you provide examples, I might be able to help further.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.