Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JFry3
Miembro

Same email address for multiple people in same company

resolver

We have a company that uses the same email address for the whole sales team within their company.  How do I enter separate contacts but use the same email address?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @JFry3,

Generally, the email address is the unique identifier in HubSpot – and there aren't any ways around this. The same email address cannot be used twice. This is deeply embedded in the tool.

That's why all workarounds rely on different email addresses. One approach is to work with incremental strings and numbers. Another approach is limited to Gmail addresses. Lastly, you can also add contacts without an email address in HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @JFry3,

Generally, the email address is the unique identifier in HubSpot – and there aren't any ways around this. The same email address cannot be used twice. This is deeply embedded in the tool.

That's why all workarounds rely on different email addresses. One approach is to work with incremental strings and numbers. Another approach is limited to Gmail addresses. Lastly, you can also add contacts without an email address in HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.