Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

Salesforce & Hubspot users - Looking for feedback

SOLVE

I am looking for Hubspot and Salesforce users to answer 2 questions

1. How do you currently use your systems 

- Independently? Synchronously? Complimentary? 

Briefly explain:

2. HOW do you deal with duplicates simultaneously across both CRMS?

Currently, we manage all marketing in Hubspot and leads up until they are ready to be passed to a sales manager at the Sales Qualified stage.

Looking for ideas to improve how we utilize HubSpot and manage duplicates 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Msyvrais,

As a general resource on the topic, I'd recommend @kaburke's excellent guide here: A Step by Step Guide to setting up your SFDC integration

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Msyvrais,

As a general resource on the topic, I'd recommend @kaburke's excellent guide here: A Step by Step Guide to setting up your SFDC integration

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

We are very much in the thick of it with the integration - we are looking for how some might mitigate the thousands of duplicates that can occur between the 2 systems simultaneously (we are trying solutions currently) and also HOW other B2B companies utilize their 2 platforms (we are assessing our current process).

I will for sure check out the document thank you @kaburke but on quick glance, this might have been more helpful 2+ years ago when we integrated ;)f 

0 Upvotes
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Msyvrais !  It's never too late to go back over the basics to make sure nothing was missed so I would second Karsten's recommendation on reading back over the article I created.  This article was created for large companies that had set up their SFDC and were hitting blockers so we went back to the basics with this project.  I would also recommend taking a look at our Technical Consulting packages here where you can get personalized assistance in optimizing your integration.

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @kaburke I've reviewed the doc - we pretty much do all those steps on the regular. 🙂 Thank you for putting together that though it's a great refresher for sure! 

I think what I am after more is HOW are B2B handling the immense amount of duplicates that happen on both sides - HubSpot because cookie tracking isn't perfect and people have too many emails and Salesforce because it's just not intelligent when it comes to duplicates at all. 

And also how other larger businesses are using the integration in general - Example we currently use HS to manage our leads until they are SQL and then we pass them to sales who manages them in salesforce from there on (which honestly isn't ideal, but it's how our org insists we do it). I was hoping to get other businesses feedback on how they use the 2 in their day-to-day and how they handle dupes - right now we are working with Dedupely but they do have limitations as well. 

Cheers,

0 Upvotes
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Msyvrais !  Thanks for the clarification on this.  Unfortunately I think you hit the nail on the head, there isn't really a great solution to this across any platforms that I am aware of.  Ultimately there is no way for any system to know for sure whether this is the same contact as another email.  Cookie tracking isn't 100% either as if an email is forwarded, the initial tracking cookie is also forwarded.  There are some things that can be automated and thankfully some things will always have to have some manual input from humans (or we would be all out of jobs!! 🙂 )

0 Upvotes