Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

CFalstad
Contributor

Sales closed won conversion

SOLVE

Hi All - 

I am finding that many deals that are 'closed won' are not/have not been converted to actual companies (from deals to companies). These deals just seem to live in the 'closed won' section of deals. Is there a way to convert them? Or a notification that indicates when something has been 'closed won'? The only way, right now, that I am made aware of the 'win', is when the paperwork is sent over to me to upload. TIA

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

If there is anything that should trigger a deal to be closed, let me know. Generally, this is a manual step where the sales rep makes this exact decision.

Also it's common practice to have all these deals in the closed won and closed lost columns. You can remove them from your view by clicking More filters and adding a filter for "Deal stage is none of Closed won or Closed lost". By clicking on Save view, you can save this view under the name "Open deals" and you won't see a "cluttered" column. I would not recommend moving them to another column. This only shifts the "problem" and messes with reporting.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

@PamCotton @karstenkoehler  Thank you both! I appreciate the help. @karstenkoehler  thank you for the thoroughness of your response - it is quite helpful.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

HubSpot does not automatically create or convert a deal into a company. Company records can be (and usually are) associated with the deal record, linked so to say. Generally, this should happen when a deal is created: In the deal create form in the right sidebar, users can choose a company record to link.

(Let me know if that makes sense or if you have something else in mind here.)

Regarding a notification for closed won deals, this would require access to deal-based workflows (requiring Sales Hub Professional). Navigate to Menu > Automation > Workflows and set up a workflow like below:

karstenkoehler_0-1646462409654.png

(In lower HubSpot subscriptions, this cannot be achieved.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. If you can share more context about your processes, there might also be another way to accomplish your goals.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi again Karsten -

You asked about our processes. When a deal is closed (won or not), the  deal just sits in that end stage. I'd like to a place to put all of these closed deals so the stages aren't too cluttered. 

0 Upvotes
CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten - 

Thank you for your reply - it does help me. I was hoping for a bit more automation with the 'deal close' but I'll get a workflow created. Where do closed deals go? Do they just sit in a 'closed' status? Or should we create another deal stage and move them there once closed?

Thank you in advance,

Cheryl

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

If there is anything that should trigger a deal to be closed, let me know. Generally, this is a manual step where the sales rep makes this exact decision.

Also it's common practice to have all these deals in the closed won and closed lost columns. You can remove them from your view by clicking More filters and adding a filter for "Deal stage is none of Closed won or Closed lost". By clicking on Save view, you can save this view under the name "Open deals" and you won't see a "cluttered" column. I would not recommend moving them to another column. This only shifts the "problem" and messes with reporting.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

This is perfect! Thank you for your time and expertise.

Have a fabulous day!

Cheryl

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @CFalstad, I want to invite some top experts.

Hi @ElyshaShave @AM8 @AmyDwyer, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !