Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

GShelia12
Contributor

Sales Document Activity as contact enrollment trigger for workflow

SOLVE

Hi HS community, 

I've been trying to set up workflows based on Sales Document Activity - but I believe it's not possible. To give an easy example - I want to trigger a workflow once contact views a Sales Document I've sent them. I've been trying to do this for a while now, but I don't believe it's possible. What are your suggestions, have you crafted a workflow like this?

If it's actually not possible, I'd say it's a huge disadvantage of HS Sales Documents.

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@PamCotton  Thanks for the tag. 

@GShelia12  I know that this is possible through PandaDoc, lots of my clients use that and the workflow runs flawlessly. There isn't a clean way to solve this in HubSpot but here are some recommendations:

• When a user views a document via a link that has been generated for them, the property 'Last Engagement Date' will be updated autonomously whenever the users views it. Downside to this is it will also get updated when they reply or open emails. If your goal is to follow up with a lead after they have viewed a document and you think they've gone cold, then this may be a solution. 
  • Alternatively, Pandadoc integrates natively with HubSpot and tracks views or documents which you can therefore take action from. DM me for more info on that. 

If this helped solve what you were looking for feel free to mark this as an accepted solution. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JeremyHong
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Thanks @PamCotton 

@GShelia12 Yeah, unfortunately this is not possible. Totally agree it's a huge miss on HubSpot's part, and it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't include document views in the "Acitivity" filters. You should add this to the ideas section and leave a link here, so we can upvote it. Given how long the documents tool has existed, I'm surprised this hasn't been requested more frequently, as the value it could provide is huge.

Even if we could just have the tracking pixel embedded into sales document pages generated from our own HS account, it would at least give us an option for filtering lists, triggering workflows, etc. 

Sorry I can't be of more help!

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @GShelia12 happy Monday!

I want to invite our top experts to this conversation @christopher-RVO @JeremyHong any recommendations for @GShelia12 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@PamCotton  Thanks for the tag. 

@GShelia12  I know that this is possible through PandaDoc, lots of my clients use that and the workflow runs flawlessly. There isn't a clean way to solve this in HubSpot but here are some recommendations:

• When a user views a document via a link that has been generated for them, the property 'Last Engagement Date' will be updated autonomously whenever the users views it. Downside to this is it will also get updated when they reply or open emails. If your goal is to follow up with a lead after they have viewed a document and you think they've gone cold, then this may be a solution. 
  • Alternatively, Pandadoc integrates natively with HubSpot and tracks views or documents which you can therefore take action from. DM me for more info on that. 

If this helped solve what you were looking for feel free to mark this as an accepted solution. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8