Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

GHBMCO
Participant

Running an Outbound Phone Sales Campagin in Hubspot

SOLVE

We have an internal team of Customer Success agents who we use to complete welfare sales calls tocurrent customers to check in, see if there is any issues and get any updates or suggestions.

We would like to create specific campaign with tasks for the allocated Customer Success team who sre on welfare clls for the day.

Any functionality we should look at on this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GHBMCO,

For this, I'd recommend using HubSpot tasks and task queues. If you have a list of contacts, you can create tasks for these contacts in bulk following these steps. (You probably want to do that for each agent and their assigned contacts.) After doing that, your customer success agents can start a queue of these tasks, taking them from one contact to the next, prompting them to call the contacts. It's a pretty neat feature which minimizes the amount of clicking between calls.

If you're not familiar with calling in HubSpot yet, you can learn more about it here: Make calls

Unlike in other tools, there isn't a specific way to mark your activity as a campaign in HubSpot. The campaign feature is meant for tagging related marketing assets.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GHBMCO,

For this, I'd recommend using HubSpot tasks and task queues. If you have a list of contacts, you can create tasks for these contacts in bulk following these steps. (You probably want to do that for each agent and their assigned contacts.) After doing that, your customer success agents can start a queue of these tasks, taking them from one contact to the next, prompting them to call the contacts. It's a pretty neat feature which minimizes the amount of clicking between calls.

If you're not familiar with calling in HubSpot yet, you can learn more about it here: Make calls

Unlike in other tools, there isn't a specific way to mark your activity as a campaign in HubSpot. The campaign feature is meant for tagging related marketing assets.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

GDSolutions
Top Contributor

SOLVE

We did something very similar:

• We created an Active List of Targeted Contacts
  • Where Call-Outcome was not Connected or Voice Mail

The agents then used the list to create a Call Task Queue where every time they updated "Connected" or "Voice Mail" it was automatically removed from the list. Each day they returned to the original Active List until they had either connected or called three times without success.

0 Upvotes
GDSolutions
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I wasn't satisfied with the logic so we refined it to use Lead Status flags "Attempting to Contact" and/or not "Connected"

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @GDSolutions,

Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
GHBMCO
Participant

SOLVE

Karsten

Really appreciate your input and suggestions.

We are going live with the service part of Hubspot this Friday (Hopefully) .  We have a number of questions around best practise that we will conitnue to research and look for answers on:

- LMS integration

- How do we create end users records from our Internt of Things platform and how do we mamange subscriptions renewals and emails etc.

- Outbound Sales tasks

Excited to be using the system.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GHBMCO,

Exciting! If you have any specific questions about these individual topics, I'd recommend create separate threads for them. This will increase the chance that other users to find them and share their tips with you.

On that note, if you consider your initial question on calls answered, you can make it easier for users to find this information by marking my post as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
GHBMCO
Participant

SOLVE

Karsten,

Do you offer high level hubspot consulting?  

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GHBMCO,

I do but I am currently fully booked, unfortunately. Or fortunately. Depending on how you look at it.

If you want to work with someone from the community, I'd recommend looking at the leaderboard. Alternatively the HubSpot Solution Partner directory and onthebench.io are great places to find HubSpot support as well.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler