Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

PIT
Participant

Running Webinars with Demio

Hi guys, 

I hope someone will be able to help me with this: 

We are using Demio for running webinars and as there is no direct integration between Demio and HubSpot the data transferring and keeping is quite hard. I will be checking and most probably using Zapier for the data transfer, but I was wondering if someone here was in the similar situation like me? I am curious to hear from you how you are recording the activities of the webinar registrants on their HubSpot records, in my personal opinion it would be the best if it's reported as a lifetime activity, e.g. Registered for ___, Attended___, Missed___. Some people are registering for multiple events and need to be able to see which webinars they have registered and respectfully attended. Another big problem for me would be managing the contacts that are already created in HubSpot, as I have installed the HS tracking snipped on Demio via the GTM. 

Any idea or suggestion how to proceed with this situation would be of a great help! 
Thank you in advance and hope to hear from some of you!
-Pavel 

4 Replies 4
DemioSupport

Hi there ! 👋  Jody here from Demio!

So happy to let you know that we have recently released a direct integration with Hubspot on our Demio platform! This integration allows you to send Demio data to HubSpot by capturing leads, passing their registration data, and adding contacts to lists based on specific behavioral triggers within Demio and/or recording Timeline Events for each of these behaviors. The Huspost integration is available on our Premium plan, and we'd be happy for you to take a look at our help article below to get more information on this:
http://help.demio.com/en/articles/5651907-integrate-with-hubspot

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to our customer support team at support@demio.com we're always happy to help!🙂

0 Upvotes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Hi @PIT, it's a good question.

I checked myself and can confirm there are no direct integrations between Demio and HubSpot.

But as you metioned Zapier could act as the integration. As for pushing your webinar updates directly into a contacts timeline(lifetime activity), this is possible but it requires a good bit of setup and tech savvy.

There is a post by @jxlio in this thread which explains how to make zapier update a contacts timeline.  <-- brilliant post.

I do understand the predicament because you can't tell Zapier to update a property with something like 'Attended Sales Webinar Fall of 2020' unless you first go into HubSpot and make this a option within the property.

I don't have a solution at this exact moment, but I am working on something that may provide a solution in the future. It's called HubTags and it allows you to tag a contact using any words you like. At some point we will accept these tags from 3rd parties like Zapier. It's not ready yet tho 😕 but feel free to follow the progress here: HubTags

Guy | linkedhub.io

PIT
Participant

Hi @GuyTaylor  many thanks for your prompt and thorough reply! 

Dear @natsumimori,thanks for bringing my post to the attention of the community and especially to Taylor. 

I will make sure to make the most out of 

I will make sure to make the most out of jxlio post as it really well explained (even for me) 🙂 
The tags would be a great add-on to HubSpot, I am a newbie in HubSpot, but the tags in some other platforms I have been using were really a life-saver, as sometimes you really need to have something easy to best filter, narrow your leads. 

On the other hand, just to mention that the guys from Demio are working on an integration with HS. I have been waiting for this one to come for the past 4 months and cannot wait to hear from them when they have it. As far as I understood from all the articles, the integration will be relatively easy think to do, but only if you are an API master (obviously, it's not the case with me). 

I will keep an eye on the "tags" improvement and will try to keep you posted if I find the proper bridging between Demio and HS, until they come up with a direct integration.  

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PIT ,

Thank you for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

I wan't able to find the past similar conversations in the Commuinty, however, I wanted to tag in some Community contributors here.

@GuyTaylor and @karstenkoehler , would you mind sharing your advice for @PIT ?