Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

underham
Mitglied

Requiring a Contact whose Role is "Technical Contact" to be added/associated with Deal

I'm building out an Onboarding Pipeine for my Customer Success team to manage onboarding/implementation of new customers. A new deal (basically a copy of a deal that just Closed-Won) will be added to the Onboarding pipeline once sales deal is closed-won.

I want to require a number of fields and associations for deals to be moved to Closed-Won. Specifically, I want to require our sales team to identify, add, and associate a Contact who's role (a contact property) is "Technical Contact" to a deal before or upon moving it into Closed-Won.

From a workflow perspective, this would be something like:

Trigger: Sales Pipeline Deal moved to Closed Won > IF Deal has associated Contact who's role is Technical Contact AND phone + email exist THEN allow deal to be moved ELSE (here's where I don't know how to implement) require user to add Technical Contact associated with closed-won deal.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
LouiseHare
Stratege/Strategin | Partner
Stratege/Strategin | Partner

Requiring a Contact whose Role is "Technical Contact" to be added/associated with Deal

Hi @underham ,

I think you should be able to do this by using conditional stage properties in your pipeline.

You could create a workflow to check if a contact with a particular association label is associated to a Deal, and if it is mark a custom Deal property (such as Technical Contact known) as Yes. 

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 10.22.18.png

You can then use this property as a conditional stage property to stop Deals being able to move to Closed Won unless it is known.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 10.27.20.png

Hope this helps,

Untitled design (5).png

Louise Hare she/her

Freelance HubSpot Expert

Book a Consultation

If my reply helped to answer your question please mark it as a solution to make it

easier for others to find! 

0 Upvotes