Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SBlakeman
Contributor

Requirements Capture Forms? Playbook?

Whats the best way for SE to gather requirements?

Lets say for examp our prodcut had 5 options, and you can have a mix of those options in 5 different coutires. How would you best capture that?

In a playbook? In a form? Using a 3rd perty form like MS Forms?

Idealy this requirments capture would be used for pricing and also to inform delivery of potential work downstream.

THANKS!

2 Replies 2
JBrillinger
Participant

I'd love to see answers here as well.

@SBlakeman myself, I'd start by considering where the data collected needs to live and who will be completing the form.

If your system is anything like ours, our contact property list is so large that I think carefully before creating a contact form or playbook for storing new data because the data will be stored in contact properties.

We're also looking at HubSpot's custom surveys for requirements gathering for sales but these store data in Feedback properties and are sent to be completed by a client, not a sales rep.

In summary, these are the options I see:

Data properties to be completed by client - use a form
Data properties to be completed by sales rep - use a playbook (for contact properties) or deal or quote or product properties can also be completed by a sales rep when working in those objects at various points along the sales stages.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @SBlakeman , thank you for posting your question here! I want to add some top experts to this matter @webdew @tjoyce any recommendations to @SBlakeman matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !