1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

Report/Dashboard for Creating Opted out emails

resolver

Hi @JBelon,

Could you be more specific, what exactly are you interested in? If you simply want to see the number of opted out contacts, for example, you could create an active list that filters contacts for Unsubscribed from all email is True. You could look at the list performance to get an understanding how this number changes over time. (This list performance can not be added to a dashboard at this stage.)

In any case, you would need a Professional or Enterprise subscription to follow the next steps. With a free CRM or Starter subscription, it's not possible to report on this information.

There are two reports that I usually create for unsubscribes, Unsubscribes over time and Unsubscribes by presumed triggering email.

For these reports, a custom time stamp is needed. Create a simple custom date property for contacts, e.g. Unsubscribe date. Then, set up a contact-based workflow like the one below:

karstenkoehler_0-1628654741682.png

When enabling this workflow, only enroll contacts who meet the trigger criteria after switching it on.

Next, navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts. Under Filters in the upper left of the screen, change the existing filter to Unsubscribe date is known. Then click Hide filters, and add the Unsubscribe date property in the data step. You can now click into the Visualization tab and drag and drop Count of contacts and Unsubscribe date into the Displaying area. Change the Frequency on the upper left to Weekly. Now, you have to wait. The date property was not backfilled automatically and this report will populate from now on. (You can hypothetically get the historic unsubscribe dates by exporting the property history for Unsubscribed from all email and re-importing the information into the date property, if you want.)

For the second report, again, navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts. Set the same report filter for Unsubscribe date is known. This time, display the Count of contacts by Unsubscribe date and break down by Last marketing email name. Again, change the Frequency to Weekly. I assume that this report isn't 100% accurate but it should show you the last marketing email that supposedly caused the unsubscribe. If you want historic information here, you could replace the Unsubscribe date with the Last marketing email open date.

Keep in mind that the above process only considers full opt-outs, not contacts who opted out of a specific subscription but for whom Unsubscribed from all email is still False. If you're interested in specific subscriptions, you'd have to create an active list, filter for Email subscriptions and specify the opt status. Once you have this list, you could filter your custom report by this list membership.

Also keep in mind that for the sake of simplicity, the steps explained don't account for contacts who resubscribe.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
webdew
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @JBelon ,

This currently seems difficult to me to create such a report. You can create a report for a specific email if you want. But if you want generic reporting. It’s quite difficult.

What I will suggest is to go for the active lists. You can create a list having filters as follows:  

1. Opted out of email marketing information is any of Yes (For Marketing emails that is one to many)
  2. Opted out of email : One to one is any of Yes ( For Sales email that is one to one)

With an OR logic in between because you need all the contacts who have opted out the
I hope this is also solving the purpose !

webdew_0-1628669030461.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @JBelon,

Could you be more specific, what exactly are you interested in? If you simply want to see the number of opted out contacts, for example, you could create an active list that filters contacts for Unsubscribed from all email is True. You could look at the list performance to get an understanding how this number changes over time. (This list performance can not be added to a dashboard at this stage.)

In any case, you would need a Professional or Enterprise subscription to follow the next steps. With a free CRM or Starter subscription, it's not possible to report on this information.

There are two reports that I usually create for unsubscribes, Unsubscribes over time and Unsubscribes by presumed triggering email.

For these reports, a custom time stamp is needed. Create a simple custom date property for contacts, e.g. Unsubscribe date. Then, set up a contact-based workflow like the one below:

karstenkoehler_0-1628654741682.png

When enabling this workflow, only enroll contacts who meet the trigger criteria after switching it on.

Next, navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts. Under Filters in the upper left of the screen, change the existing filter to Unsubscribe date is known. Then click Hide filters, and add the Unsubscribe date property in the data step. You can now click into the Visualization tab and drag and drop Count of contacts and Unsubscribe date into the Displaying area. Change the Frequency on the upper left to Weekly. Now, you have to wait. The date property was not backfilled automatically and this report will populate from now on. (You can hypothetically get the historic unsubscribe dates by exporting the property history for Unsubscribed from all email and re-importing the information into the date property, if you want.)

For the second report, again, navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts. Set the same report filter for Unsubscribe date is known. This time, display the Count of contacts by Unsubscribe date and break down by Last marketing email name. Again, change the Frequency to Weekly. I assume that this report isn't 100% accurate but it should show you the last marketing email that supposedly caused the unsubscribe. If you want historic information here, you could replace the Unsubscribe date with the Last marketing email open date.

Keep in mind that the above process only considers full opt-outs, not contacts who opted out of a specific subscription but for whom Unsubscribed from all email is still False. If you're interested in specific subscriptions, you'd have to create an active list, filter for Email subscriptions and specify the opt status. Once you have this list, you could filter your custom report by this list membership.

Also keep in mind that for the sake of simplicity, the steps explained don't account for contacts who resubscribe.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.