Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ARivero1
Participant

Removing Specific Contacts From A Ticket Through A Workflow

Hi

Is there a way that I can remove specifically associated contacts from a deal or ticket using a workflow?  This is the situation I am having. We have a workflow that creates deals from specific tickets. We are associating the deals with the same contacts that the tickets ( some contacts on the ticket have associations from our internal employees, because of the CC and the forwarding of the emails), I need to remove the internal employees from the new deals created. Is there a way to do this with a workflow? OR is there a way that I can avoid associating those internal contacts automatically from any records created? Thank you so much

4 Replies 4
DStaat
Participant

Hey @ARivero1 ,

I know this was created years ago, but an app call Associ8 has an Unassociation feature. It allows you to remove associations from the enrolled object for specific object types (Contacts in your case).

DStaat_0-1713468794437.png

You can also set specific paremeters like onlying removing associations with a certain Label or Property.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ARivero1,

Associations can unfortunately not be managed through workflows, this is currently not possible. However, I'd recommend adding your internal email addresses / domains to the never log list in your settings: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-list This should do the trick, see the yellow infobox: "if there are recipients on an email who are not on the Never log list, HubSpot will log emails to those contact records."

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ARivero1
Participant

Thank you so much for your quick response. I actually had the company
domain already set up for Never Log these emails, but for some reason,
there are still creating the contact and logging the emails. Is this
because some of them are CC instead of being the direct recipient?
0 Upvotes
ARivero2

Thank you so much for your quick response. I actually had the company domain already set up for Never Log these emails, but for some reason, there are still creating the contact and logging the emails. Is this because some of them are CC instead of being the direct recipient? 

0 Upvotes