Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

erikblues
Top Contributor

Reliable way to list dead leads?

SOLVE

I can't seem to find a way to generate a list that will show me all leads that haven't interacted with us in over X time.

Since hubspot has no "global field" to track for this, I don't feel safe deleting these leads because I feel like I might be meesing something and end up deleting important leads.

What I am using:

- The ocntact property Time last seen is before date xxxxx

- The contact property Last marketing email open date is before date xxxxx

- The ocntact has not filled any forms on or after date xxxxx

But this might still be missing things. What if, for example, a salesperson sent a manual email to that lead? Would that be included in Last marketing email open date?

And are there other fields I might be missing?

I just wan't to make sure that we remove those leads, so these "not open rates" don't start putting our domain into some spam list. We wan't to focus on active and important leads, and not waste time, money and resourses on leads that might be bouncing or not even exist anymore.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I added an Idea requesting Hubspot to Create a Global "Last Interaction" field, which would include any action the lead might have taken. Please vote 🙂

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mark_vande_haar
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

"Last Activity Date" will take care of your sales person issue. The last time a note, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a contact.

Your overall issue is one of multiple properties in a list. I often use "time last seen" and "time of last session" to judge whether people are engaged at all with my brands.  Along with the other proepteis you mentioned you should get a good list to recycle or eliminate. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
mark_vande_haar
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

"Last Activity Date" will take care of your sales person issue. The last time a note, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a contact.

Your overall issue is one of multiple properties in a list. I often use "time last seen" and "time of last session" to judge whether people are engaged at all with my brands.  Along with the other proepteis you mentioned you should get a good list to recycle or eliminate. 

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Maybe consider a comprehensive list hygiene strategy that includes auto-monitoring / notification, bulk unsubscribing,  and scheduled deletion. In many cases a typical byproduct is also lower monthly HubSpot bill.

- see SOLVED: Keep the number of contacts within account limits

[Note: click on the 'Review Criteria' button on the live Databox dashboard to view example deletion criteria.]

Hope that helps.

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com