Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Aseemg
Participant

Related to building attribution model using workflows.

SOLVE

I am having a query related to the attribution model, I am using workflows to update values in a contact's custom field.

I have used 6 different custom fields in a global form which is used to track utm parameters (in other words we are tracing online buyers journey).  Our approach is FT (first touch, middle touch (MT) & last touch(LT)) .  These 3 categories further have different 5 categories (source, campaign, medium, content & term). For an example, I am taking only 1 subcategory (FT medium, LT medium & MT medium)

Logic for workflow as follows :-

1. If  FT medium is empty, then treat LT medium value as FT medium else nothing happens.

2. If MT medium is empty, then update its value as System date & time and FT medium value (refer step 1).

Else Update its value as System date & time | LT medium | MT medium (means I need to append these 3 values automatically using workflows.

My query is 

1. Can we use system date and time in workflows? If Yes, then How?

2.  Can we append or merge 2 values using workflows? If yes, then how?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q:

Short A

1. No.

2. No.

Longer A:

Appreciate the contextual info around your use case, but it wasn't necessary. None of the of the functionality you're seeking is currently available in any version of HubSpot.

That being said, you may achieve this functionality with cloud-based integration tools (e.g., Zapier, Automate.io, etc.) that monitor HubSpot contact properties and update those properties accordingly. This includes updates using current date/time AND the appended HubSpot properties as well (aka: concatenation).

Happy to help you build on HubSpot using either platform. Feel free to schedule time if interested.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

@Aseemg Hi there - I work in Marketing Ops @ HubSpot and I am really curious about your attribution model! Do you have a template or a blank model you use for this? I would love to see it. I am trying to build up a library of public templates that Ops folks can use to build their own models (like lead scoring or naming conventions or attribution). 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q:

Short A

1. No.

2. No.

Longer A:

Appreciate the contextual info around your use case, but it wasn't necessary. None of the of the functionality you're seeking is currently available in any version of HubSpot.

That being said, you may achieve this functionality with cloud-based integration tools (e.g., Zapier, Automate.io, etc.) that monitor HubSpot contact properties and update those properties accordingly. This includes updates using current date/time AND the appended HubSpot properties as well (aka: concatenation).

Happy to help you build on HubSpot using either platform. Feel free to schedule time if interested.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Aseemg
Participant

SOLVE

Can you please elaborate more integration tools or list me down which tools are providing such functionality?

0 Upvotes
Aseemg
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks !!