Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AThompson1
Participant

Quotes: identify approved/declined

SOLVE

It is common that our client will make multiple quotes for one deal.  I need to be able to identify which one is approved/sold and then create a workflow (to process the sale via their internal system).

It is also necessary to keep any declined quotes for reporting purposes.

Without having Enterprise, is this possible?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AThompson1 .

You can create a quote based workflow using 'Quote Status is Approved' as a trigger:

webdew_0-1650426877775.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AThompson1,

You can create multiple quotes on a deal. They will all appear in the right deal sidebar in the Quotes section:

karstenkoehler_0-1650428541560.png

If you use the e-signature feature, HubSpot will show the quote status as pending or signed (Menu > Sales > Quotes). If not, it will simply state that it's published. It's currently not possible to mark a quote as confirmed manually.

karstenkoehler_1-1650428653524.png

If you want an automatic process, that means that you would have to rely on the e-signature. You can then set-up quote-based workflows which are available in Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise.

Without the e-signature, you would have to create a custom single-line text deal property that stores the reference ID of the confirmed quote. Alternatively, you could pin a note to the deal record. In either case, automation is going to be a challenge, depending on what you want to achieve exactly.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AThompson1,

You can create multiple quotes on a deal. They will all appear in the right deal sidebar in the Quotes section:

karstenkoehler_0-1650428541560.png

If you use the e-signature feature, HubSpot will show the quote status as pending or signed (Menu > Sales > Quotes). If not, it will simply state that it's published. It's currently not possible to mark a quote as confirmed manually.

karstenkoehler_1-1650428653524.png

If you want an automatic process, that means that you would have to rely on the e-signature. You can then set-up quote-based workflows which are available in Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise.

Without the e-signature, you would have to create a custom single-line text deal property that stores the reference ID of the confirmed quote. Alternatively, you could pin a note to the deal record. In either case, automation is going to be a challenge, depending on what you want to achieve exactly.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AThompson1 .

You can create a quote based workflow using 'Quote Status is Approved' as a trigger:

webdew_0-1650426877775.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.