Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MBrommekamp
Participant

Put a task on "repeat" in a pipeline automation?

SOLVE

In our pipeline, we would like to automate that the deal owner receives a task every 2 days if the deal has been in a certain stage for 4+ days. 

I was only able to create tasks for a single time, but I was not able to set them to "repeat" after a certain time. 

Do you know how to do this? 

Many thanks 🙂 

1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thank you again @TiphaineCuisset for getting me in on this.

@MBrommekamp , there are a couple of ways to go about this. The easiest would be to just set the task on repeat. However, this is not possible in automation and requires Sale or Service Hub:

"Set to repeat (Sales Hub or Service Hub Starter, Professional, and Enterprise users only): select the checkbox, then enter a number and select an interval of time for your task to repeat. The Set to repeat option will appear when creating tasks from the tasks index page or within an individual record, but the option will not appear if you're creating tasks from an object index page."

-- https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tasks/create-tasks

If you're on Operations Hub Pro you can use the feature to Schedule WF. You can see this option when creating a new WF and choosing the respective object. In this case, Deal.

With that, you can rerun a WF every day and could look something like this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 11.42.15.png

One other option I see is creating a WF where there are multiple task creation actions with delays in between. Maybe do that 3-5 time depending on how long it goes and create a final notification to the team lead after. 

Then unenroll the contact (HubSpot only allows this for contact-based WFs) by creating a goal. I imagine deal stage would make sense. 

Someone could also question why there's a need for multiple tasks every two days. If the task is not closed, it will appear on the daily digest email send out each day if the notification is turned on from settings. 

Maybe some of these inputs help you find a solution. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

Thank you again @TiphaineCuisset for getting me in on this.

@MBrommekamp , there are a couple of ways to go about this. The easiest would be to just set the task on repeat. However, this is not possible in automation and requires Sale or Service Hub:

"Set to repeat (Sales Hub or Service Hub Starter, Professional, and Enterprise users only): select the checkbox, then enter a number and select an interval of time for your task to repeat. The Set to repeat option will appear when creating tasks from the tasks index page or within an individual record, but the option will not appear if you're creating tasks from an object index page."

-- https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tasks/create-tasks

If you're on Operations Hub Pro you can use the feature to Schedule WF. You can see this option when creating a new WF and choosing the respective object. In this case, Deal.

With that, you can rerun a WF every day and could look something like this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 11.42.15.png

One other option I see is creating a WF where there are multiple task creation actions with delays in between. Maybe do that 3-5 time depending on how long it goes and create a final notification to the team lead after. 

Then unenroll the contact (HubSpot only allows this for contact-based WFs) by creating a goal. I imagine deal stage would make sense. 

Someone could also question why there's a need for multiple tasks every two days. If the task is not closed, it will appear on the daily digest email send out each day if the notification is turned on from settings. 

Maybe some of these inputs help you find a solution. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

MBrommekamp
Participant

SOLVE

awesome, many thanks for that! That's super helpful. 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MBrommekamp 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @LMeert @Bruno_Teixeira @ChrisoKlepke do you have any thought for @MBrommekamp on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !