Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ccjia068

Preventing cold calls from being marked as spam?

SOLVE

Hello! I work for a small startup and we often use calls through HubSpot as a form of sales outreach. 

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on preventing our calls from being marked as spam. 

For example, I've read that some companies switch or rotate their phone numbers - does anyone have experience with often this should be done? Additionally, I've heard that linking the phone number to the business could help, but I'm a bit unsure about how to do that. 

Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ccjia068,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

Recent legislation such as the STIR/SHAKEN legislation in the United States helps protect consumers from robocalls, but it can also cause challenges for legitimate outreach. 

I'm not an expert on this matter, but I wanted to share a few resources I found on telecom transparency and how to prevent calls from getting marked as spam:

• Think about the red flags that could be causing your calls to be marked as spam - I would recommend identifying them and coming up with a mitigation plan for each of them. 
  • Get your numbers registered at Call Transparency  - https://www.calltransparency.com/
  • This blog post from Phone Burner has some helpful tips on how to prevent your phone numbers from getting marked as spam, such as asking your customers to save your phone number and understanding federal, regional and local legislation can help prevent your phone numbers from being marked as spam. 

I also wanted to invite our community contributors to see if they have any insight: 

Hi @Bryantworks@jolle@ChristinaKay - Do you have any advice for @ccjia068?

Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
NGarfinkel
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Could make sense updating the accepted solution to include this as an option. 

Your advice is sound if your outbound call is to someone @ T-Mobile (Call Transparency / T-Mobile have a partnership), but it doesn't help your "spam likely" designation if you're calling Verizon, ATT customers or someone else.

The best advice would be for someone to adjust their calling strategy (lots of ways to do this) or partner with a STIR SHAKEN Authorized Provider (FCC for more info).

I think the only HubSpot marketplace app right now that integrates with a Stir Shaken provider is this one: Quality Voice Data HubSpot App for Spam Likely.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
NGarfinkel
Participant

SOLVE

There's a new extension in the marketplace (as of June 2023) that uses a SHAKEN carrier to ensure you don't show up as "Spam Likely" when making outbound calls. 

App Marketplace

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/calling/trusted-call-completion-quality-voice-d... 

Product Page

https://qualityvoicedata.com/hubspot/

SKnapp
Participant

SOLVE

Our customers actually answer (now) when we call them for support surveys. Very cool.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NGarfinkel and @SKnapp,

Thanks for sharing this app and your experience using it with the Community! 

Best,

Kristen

NGarfinkel
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Could make sense updating the accepted solution to include this as an option. 

Your advice is sound if your outbound call is to someone @ T-Mobile (Call Transparency / T-Mobile have a partnership), but it doesn't help your "spam likely" designation if you're calling Verizon, ATT customers or someone else.

The best advice would be for someone to adjust their calling strategy (lots of ways to do this) or partner with a STIR SHAKEN Authorized Provider (FCC for more info).

I think the only HubSpot marketplace app right now that integrates with a Stir Shaken provider is this one: Quality Voice Data HubSpot App for Spam Likely.

kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ccjia068,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

Recent legislation such as the STIR/SHAKEN legislation in the United States helps protect consumers from robocalls, but it can also cause challenges for legitimate outreach. 

I'm not an expert on this matter, but I wanted to share a few resources I found on telecom transparency and how to prevent calls from getting marked as spam:

• Think about the red flags that could be causing your calls to be marked as spam - I would recommend identifying them and coming up with a mitigation plan for each of them. 
  • Get your numbers registered at Call Transparency  - https://www.calltransparency.com/
  • This blog post from Phone Burner has some helpful tips on how to prevent your phone numbers from getting marked as spam, such as asking your customers to save your phone number and understanding federal, regional and local legislation can help prevent your phone numbers from being marked as spam. 

I also wanted to invite our community contributors to see if they have any insight: 

Hi @Bryantworks@jolle@ChristinaKay - Do you have any advice for @ccjia068?

Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes