Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

KMavraki
Participant

Prevent Status change if fields are empty

SOLVE

Hi, I'm looking to add some stop checks into our ticket workflow, but I'm not sure if it's possible, I haven't figured out how to do it so far anyway.

In my example when a 'New' Ticket gets assigned, the team need to perform a series of tasks in more or less every instance, a simplified example being these - 

• Credit Check
  • Validate Customer Details
  • Send to Pricing

I've set these up as 'Single Check' properties. I want HS to prevent the status from being updated until all three of these are completed. Essentially creating a hard stop in the workflow to ensure all tasks have been performed before progressing. 

Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KMavraki,

Got it, thanks for the clarification. This is possible in the form of requried properties per ticket status, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tickets/customize-ticket-pipelines-and-statuses#customize-ticket-prope...

It's available in Service Hub Professional and Enterprise only.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
KMavraki
Participant

SOLVE

I may have confused this by calling it our workflow, more broadly I mean our process. 

I do not want a user to be able to set a ticket status to 'Complete', for example, if the above properties are not set.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KMavraki,

Got it, thanks for the clarification. This is possible in the form of requried properties per ticket status, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tickets/customize-ticket-pipelines-and-statuses#customize-ticket-prope...

It's available in Service Hub Professional and Enterprise only.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KMavraki
Participant

SOLVE

Hadn't thought of doing it that way! Slightly different angle, but will do the job, thank you.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KMavraki,

Yes, it is, you can leverage an if/then branch here. In my example I'm using different properties so imagine "Ticket owner" and "Category" being your check properties.

karstenkoehler_0-1644508568458.png

The left branch is the one that a ticket would take if all of the properties are known ( = checked). If one of them is unknown, the ticket would go down the right path and the workflow would end for them.

(On an additional note, I would update your enrollment criteria accordingly, allowing re-enrollment once these property values are known.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler