Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AshuDaga

Pre-populate Info on Forms

It's gr8! to simply create a new form and ask users to enter their updated info (like address, cell #, etc). But is it possible to prepopulate the info on that form so that the user knows, which info is correct and only update the changed info? Without prepopulating the info, the user may have to reenter the entire form. 

BTW I hope HubSpot keeps the previous values in logs for auditing purpose. 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pre-populate Info on Forms

Hi @AshuDaga,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I've moved your reply to a new post to ensure it gets visibility among our community members.

I wanted to share this knowledge base article that outlines the requirements for the form fields to pre-populate:

• The Pre-populate fields with known values option must be toggled on. This is turned on by default when creating new forms.
  • The visitor has previously submitted a HubSpot form using the same device. HubSpot will only pre-populate data previously submitted to a HubSpot form on the same device. For example, if you submit your phone number to a form on your desktop, but the number is updated from a contact record in HubSpot or another form submission from your mobile device, the updated property will not pre-populate in any forms on your desktop. Only the phone number from the earlier submission will be displayed.
  • The visitor has previously submitted a HubSpot form on the same tracked site. If the share page of a form is used, the visitor must have previously submitted a form on the same share.hsforms.com domain.

You can also pre-populate form fields with a query string. You can read more about how to accomplish this with this guide

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes