Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

DarrenScottUK
Contributor

Powerful Sequence Ideas

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is well. Just wondering if there's anyone out there who has created some really powerful sequences and which help create some efficient automation for sales teams. Looking for inspiration and ideas. 

3 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

Powerful Sequence Ideas

SOLVE

Hey @DarrenScottUK,

Awesome question! I have some quick thoughts/ideas for you below:

1. Look at what is currently working for your sales team. See what your top reps are doing. That's always my go-to for inspiration on subject lines, timing, email length, you name it
  2. Think about what you actually want your sequences to accomplish, then make sure that the calls-to-action in your sequence emails align. Do you want the lead to reply to your email, or do you want them to watch a video/download a content piece/read a testimonial? Be clear to the prospect and make sure it's easy for them to take the next step
  3. Put yourself in your lead's shoes. What do they care about? What questions and concerns do they have? Your sequence emails should 100% be addressing these
  4. Experiment with personalization. While it may not be the best use of time for reps to compeltely personalize every single email they send, you want to make sure there are some areas where they're filling in blanks relative to the lead's unique situation. If you have a baseline template for your sequence emails, make sure the reps know to add some personal color or emphasize resources that are especially relevant for the lead
  5. On the note of resources, make sure that you're pulling in relevant content pieces wherever applicable. You don't need to rely on a single email to sell the lead. Leverage existing content to provide value, answer questions, and build trust (and if the resource you need doesn't exist, create it!)
  6. Incorporate video. You've probably gotten some emails with a video intro personalized to you. As long as you put in the needed effort and sound genuine, video can be a nice touch. If the lead knows that you've taken the time to specifically address them and their needs, they'll be more willing to watch the video. And a video can communicate in 30 seconds what would take the lead twice as long to read. So if you need something from the lead or you want to concisely cover a key question or reservation, try using video!

HubSpot also has this awesome blog post on sequence tips and best practices. Hope this helps get the creative juices flowing!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Powerful Sequence Ideas

SOLVE

Hi @DarrenScottUK ,

One of the most successful sequences I built was actually post-sale, pre-close.

It was for a home builder, so the buyer was under contract, but the sales agents had to maintain the relationship while the home was under construction until the buyer could close and the deal was funded.

In this case, it was a combination of photos showing the general stages of construction and what they could expect to see on the job site from week to week.

While this is a very specific use case, I think the opportunity here is to focus on the journey - what are they experiencing? how are they feeling? nervous? anxious? excited? what can you send them that will help ease their negative feelings and enhance their positive feelings.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

danmoyle
Solution

Powerful Sequence Ideas

SOLVE

@DarrenScottUK hopefully I can add a little something to what's already been said by @jolle & @Jnix284.

Specificity is key to a good sequence. If I'm going to send someone a couple of emails and maybe call them, I better add specifics and not just "Let's do business." The beauty of sequences + templates is that we can create the framework for customization so we move faster, but still add in those specific pieces of value. 

Example: I could send an email to a client that says we offer additional training. Or I could say, "When we talked about your tech stack and you were feeling overwhelemed, I thought of our RevOps strategy solution. That, coupled with a training retainer of 6 months could get your team where you want them in no time." So while the template has a placeholder, adding that specific touch is really helpful. 

I'd also think of other to-do tasks to sprinkle in, like connecting on LinkedIn, sending a handwritten note, or other non-email/phone call touch points. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

5 Replies 5
danmoyle
Solution

Powerful Sequence Ideas

SOLVE

@DarrenScottUK hopefully I can add a little something to what's already been said by @jolle & @Jnix284.

Specificity is key to a good sequence. If I'm going to send someone a couple of emails and maybe call them, I better add specifics and not just "Let's do business." The beauty of sequences + templates is that we can create the framework for customization so we move faster, but still add in those specific pieces of value. 

Example: I could send an email to a client that says we offer additional training. Or I could say, "When we talked about your tech stack and you were feeling overwhelemed, I thought of our RevOps strategy solution. That, coupled with a training retainer of 6 months could get your team where you want them in no time." So while the template has a placeholder, adding that specific touch is really helpful. 

I'd also think of other to-do tasks to sprinkle in, like connecting on LinkedIn, sending a handwritten note, or other non-email/phone call touch points. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
Jnix284
Solution

Powerful Sequence Ideas

SOLVE

Hi @DarrenScottUK ,

One of the most successful sequences I built was actually post-sale, pre-close.

It was for a home builder, so the buyer was under contract, but the sales agents had to maintain the relationship while the home was under construction until the buyer could close and the deal was funded.

In this case, it was a combination of photos showing the general stages of construction and what they could expect to see on the job site from week to week.

While this is a very specific use case, I think the opportunity here is to focus on the journey - what are they experiencing? how are they feeling? nervous? anxious? excited? what can you send them that will help ease their negative feelings and enhance their positive feelings.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

danmoyle

Powerful Sequence Ideas

SOLVE

Holy 😳 this is an amazing insight. "... the opportunity here is to focus on the journey - what are they experiencing..."

That's it right there. So good Jennifer! 💛

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
jolle
Solution

Powerful Sequence Ideas

SOLVE

Hey @DarrenScottUK,

Awesome question! I have some quick thoughts/ideas for you below:

1. Look at what is currently working for your sales team. See what your top reps are doing. That's always my go-to for inspiration on subject lines, timing, email length, you name it
  2. Think about what you actually want your sequences to accomplish, then make sure that the calls-to-action in your sequence emails align. Do you want the lead to reply to your email, or do you want them to watch a video/download a content piece/read a testimonial? Be clear to the prospect and make sure it's easy for them to take the next step
  3. Put yourself in your lead's shoes. What do they care about? What questions and concerns do they have? Your sequence emails should 100% be addressing these
  4. Experiment with personalization. While it may not be the best use of time for reps to compeltely personalize every single email they send, you want to make sure there are some areas where they're filling in blanks relative to the lead's unique situation. If you have a baseline template for your sequence emails, make sure the reps know to add some personal color or emphasize resources that are especially relevant for the lead
  5. On the note of resources, make sure that you're pulling in relevant content pieces wherever applicable. You don't need to rely on a single email to sell the lead. Leverage existing content to provide value, answer questions, and build trust (and if the resource you need doesn't exist, create it!)
  6. Incorporate video. You've probably gotten some emails with a video intro personalized to you. As long as you put in the needed effort and sound genuine, video can be a nice touch. If the lead knows that you've taken the time to specifically address them and their needs, they'll be more willing to watch the video. And a video can communicate in 30 seconds what would take the lead twice as long to read. So if you need something from the lead or you want to concisely cover a key question or reservation, try using video!

HubSpot also has this awesome blog post on sequence tips and best practices. Hope this helps get the creative juices flowing!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Powerful Sequence Ideas

SOLVE

Hi @DarrenScottUK and @jolle,

Thank you for these awesome suggestions, @jolle! These are great 😄 

I would like to add our community members to this conversation to start brainstorming.

Hi @Jnix284@danmoyle@Phil_Vallender@BukunmiOdetayo - Do you have any sequence ideas or tricks you would like to add?

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !