Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ArchieTheWestie
Membre

Pipelines

Résolue

First time caller here... and a real CRM novice. 

I sell up to 20 different products with dozens of prospects for each product. Should I create one pipeline per product and then apply deals to that pipeline?

Cheers...

1 Solution acceptée
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Pipelines

Résolue

Hi @ArchieTheWestie

With that many products I would recommend creating Products in the CRM (requires Sales Professional) and only creating multiple pipelines if the sales process or measurement for those products differs significantly. 

If you do not have Sales Pro, consider creating custom fields to track the product or products in each deal. 

Creating multiple pipelines with increase the amount of time it takes to find and update deals, and increase maintenance. I don't think it will provide you with a good experience - not across that many products. 

Useful articles:

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 Réponses
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Pipelines

Résolue

Hi @ArchieTheWestie

With that many products I would recommend creating Products in the CRM (requires Sales Professional) and only creating multiple pipelines if the sales process or measurement for those products differs significantly. 

If you do not have Sales Pro, consider creating custom fields to track the product or products in each deal. 

Creating multiple pipelines with increase the amount of time it takes to find and update deals, and increase maintenance. I don't think it will provide you with a good experience - not across that many products. 

Useful articles:

Hope this helps.

MCisneros
Participant

Pipelines

Résolue

With one pipeline, how would you create a view to see which products are in the pipeline easily? Currently, we have multiple pipelines for all of or products, but I would like to move to one sales pipeline, however, the concern is that we won't be able to easily see which products are in the pipeline.  Can you advise? Thanks.

0 Votes
ArchieTheWestie
Membre

Pipelines

Résolue

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for that reply and that makes sense. One futher question I had about the Marketing/Sales integrated CRM, was whether it is possible to have the Sales CRM private to the Marketing? We have a lot of sensitive sales information and data being discussed that we wouldn't want everyone to access.

Cheers!

0 Votes
Phil_Vallender

Pipelines

Résolue

Hi @ArchieTheWestie

Yes, HubSpot's new-ish permissions let you keep things seperate. 

HubSpot user permissions guide

Hope that helps.

0 Votes
Phil_Vallender

Pipelines

Résolue

Hi @ArchieTheWestie

Did my replies help you solve your issue? If so, please mark one as the solution. 

Thanks, Phil.

0 Votes