Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

BHarmon

Pipeline vs Lifecycle

SOLVE

I understand the basic difference between pipelines and lifecycles. I'm curious to know the theory about when and how to use them most effectively. In short, why/when would I choose to put a deal in a different pipeline vs changing it's status in a single pipeline.

Our basic process: Customer reaches out, sales conversation ensues, sale is made or not, order sent to production, production prepares and sends order, training is organized and completed, order is complete.

Should there be one pipeline with lifecycle stages such as "start, in talks, sale close, sale complete, production, training, order complete"? (This is basically what we have now.)

Or should there be different pipelines with names like "Opportunities, Sales, Production, Training, Complete?"

I get the concept of a deal moving between different phases, but I'm not sure how to differentiate (and therefore choose an organizational strategy) between these two ways that it can happen. What are the reasons for choosing one way over the other?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or resources.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pipeline vs Lifecycle

SOLVE

Hi @BHarmon,

Thanks for providing this information! 

I wanted to provide you with some resources regarding pipeline management:

I also wanted to invite our top contributors to our conversation.

Hi @danmoyle@Mike_Eastwood@Ben_M@HubSpotMaster@Josh - Do you have any advice on pipeline management for @BHarmon?

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Pipeline vs Lifecycle

SOLVE

Hi @BHarmon. In addition to what @kvlschaefer offered, I'd like to share this resource that helps me think about HubSpot's Lifecycle stage alongside its other designations. 

Lifecycle Stage - Lead Status Graphic.jpg

The overall Lifecycle Stage can be enhanced by using Lead Status + Lifecycle Stages. Then when the deal is closed, you could use a Ticket Pipeline if you need additional post-purchase information like training or production. 

Hope that helps some! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Solution

Pipeline vs Lifecycle

SOLVE

Hi @BHarmon. In addition to what @kvlschaefer offered, I'd like to share this resource that helps me think about HubSpot's Lifecycle stage alongside its other designations. 

Lifecycle Stage - Lead Status Graphic.jpg

The overall Lifecycle Stage can be enhanced by using Lead Status + Lifecycle Stages. Then when the deal is closed, you could use a Ticket Pipeline if you need additional post-purchase information like training or production. 

Hope that helps some! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Duc_Le_GAPIT
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Pipeline vs Lifecycle

SOLVE

Thank for your Information.

kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pipeline vs Lifecycle

SOLVE

Hi @BHarmon,

Thanks for providing this information! 

I wanted to provide you with some resources regarding pipeline management:

I also wanted to invite our top contributors to our conversation.

Hi @danmoyle@Mike_Eastwood@Ben_M@HubSpotMaster@Josh - Do you have any advice on pipeline management for @BHarmon?

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !