Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Pillar Content Strategy Beta Project

Thanks to everyone who participated in the beta project. Let's keep the converstion going – this way we can help and motivate each other with the content pillars we created. Angela and I will be monitoring the thread. 

Not sure what to post?

• Questions or feedback about any of the assignments
  • Questions about constructing your content offer or pillar page
  • URL to review your work
  • Questions and ideas about promoting your content pillar

Thanks!

Justin | HubSpot Academy

0 Votes
10 Réponses
carleighgreen
Membre

Hello, 

An export option or interactive sharing option would be very useful within HubSpot Content Strategy Clusters.

Our clusters within Content Strategy contain topics that are of interest to our contacts. It would be beneficial to have the ability to send clusters to our Sales team. Our goal is that when Sales is talking to a contact about a specific topic, we would like Sales to pull up a Content Strategy Cluster and say, "We have x, y, z resources available for [topic], here is the link." 

Are there any plans to include this in the future?

Thanks, 
Carleigh

0 Votes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi Carleigh,

Thanks for the note and great question. As of now, I don't believe this will be a function that HubSpot will offer with the content strategy tool. However, HubSpot's product team is in the midst of adding new features to the content strategy tool, and is always open to new ideas or suggestions. 

As a next step, I recommend submitting this as an idea here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas. 

Please let me know how else I can help.

Thanks,

Justin

0 Votes
ivadaneva
Membre | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Hi there, 

I have been using the beta Strategy tool for our agency portal and have just requested it for a client's portal as well. Here are a few notes that I have on it so far: 

- It seems to me that this will become an important tool when planning content strategy - It will be great to see and check whether links between different blog posts exist

- I am sure HubSpot is working on this but at the moment you can only add 8 subtopic links. If this is to be used to map out all blog posts on a topic we will need more than 8 subtopic links. 

- At the moment only one blog post can link to a subtopic. Is there any work to add multiple links to a subtopic? We often create more than one blog per tsubtopic and it will be useful to be able to map out all of them in the correct subtopic. 

Overall, I think this could be a very useful tool for content strategy planning and monitoring of interlinking.  I am not entirely sure what to expect from the search volume and domain authority info but at the moment it doesn't seem to accurate to me. 

It would be great to hear what the guys at HubSpot are planning for this tool and when to expect to see the final version of it rolled out. 

0 Votes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thank you for the feedback, @ivadaneva!

The content strategy tool will definitely be a helpful addition to planning and organizing content. Per your questions, our team is currently working on a solution for mapping links and adding more subtopics. 

More to come soon!

Justin

0 Votes
riahsolomon
Membre

Hey Justin,

I'm building out topic clusters for Marsden Marketing (on our http://www.marsdenmarketing.com/b2b-marketing-services/inbound-marketing/ page), but I'm running into an issue. HubSpot keeps saying ALL the subtopic pages pointing back to our pillar content aren't linked. A few still do need to be linked, but not all of them. Why isn't it recognizing the link within our content?

I was also wondering if you have any recommendations for where to house the pillar content. Does it need to be another blog post, or can it be a page on our site?

Thanks,

Riah

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi Riah,

Thanks for the note, and great questions. 

In regards to the platform not recognizing your linked pages, I notified the product team and they're looking into it.  

As for the placement of your pillar page, I'd recommend hosting it on a website page. Think of the pillar page as the most definitive resource on the website about this topic, and link all owned content to it (including blog, youtube, website pages, etc.). This will help solve for the searcher and the search engine.

And remember, make the pillar page conversion-focused. Stretch the value of the content into a guide or ebook format and use that content to construct the page. That way you have a hyper-relevant conversion for people to convert.

Please keep me posted – here to help!

Justin

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi Riah,

I received an update from the product team and they let me know that there will be a feature added in the near future (possibly the end of the week) that will resolve the linking issue you referenced. 

Thanks,

Justin

0 Votes
riahsolomon
Membre

Thanks, Justin! I really appreciate your insights and the fast response. 

0 Votes
bpeatman

Hi I just found this post--I haven't been a part of the beta project. We are a HubSpot partner agency and just launched our first pillar campaign last week. Would love to get some feedback if appropriate.  https://www.alanizmarketing.com/guide-to-public-relations/

Thanks,

Bill

bill@alanizmarketing.com

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks for the note, Bill. First off, great work on the pillar page you sent. You definitely have a solid content cluster with a great inter-linking strategy.

A few things to consider:

• "Public Relations" is a difficult term to rank for, even with a lot of content. To compete, you really need to build some authoritative links pointing to your page. I would highly encourage you to spend time trying to guest-blog on defferent PR sites with a link back to your page or syndicating your content on sites like Business2Community.
  • Try incorporating industry influencer's comments/quotes. Not only will the help broaden views on the page, but also, it's a great opportunity for inbound links and encouraing others to promote your content.
  • Add new media to the page, like videos or images. It can be similar to the content you created – it'll really help you increase your search engine footprint.
  • Continue growing the page's content. You content pillar is never finished. Consider adding content to various sections as time progresses.

I created an in-depth HubSpot project that can help you grow and promote your pillar page: https://app.hubspot.com/l/projects/templates/421017. 

Please keep me updated as you progress your content pillar.

Thanks!

Justin | HubSpot Academy

0 Votes