Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

VSchaljo

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Hi there,

We're just getting started with Hubspot. I have set up one team e-mail, and have my own personal e-mail attached to my profile as well.

The team e-mail is functioning under "Conversations -> Inbox", but when I send an e-mail to my personal e-mail address I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any idea why this may be?

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Hi @VSchaljo,

While it's a bit unintuitive, that's expected behavior. For emails sent to your personally connected inbox, you will only see replies to emails sent from the CRM, the sales extensions or using the BCC address. This is explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/log-email-replies-in-the-crm

HubSpot assumes that you're still using an email client along with HubSpot for your personal emails. There is no inbox for personal emails directly inside of HubSpot.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Hi @VSchaljo 

Connecting your personal email means you as user can send, log and track outgoing emails and replies against contacts. So if let's say vschaljo@company.com sends and email to me at frank@inboundpro.com and you have the "create new contacts" option enabled in either the GMail or Outlook extension (see screenshot below), this will create a new contact in with the email frank@inboundpro.com in your HubSpot CRM.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 18.08.29.png

If you just send an email without the extension, nothing will happen because you have no connection with HubSpot, the extension essentially sends a copy of your email into HubSpot an associates it with the relevant objects.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
RDunne
Participant

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Personal E-mail Inbox

This would be an excellent addition to our teams day to day use.

AWarren6
Participant

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

This is a brillant idea and should be instaled asap. This would make the system more user friendly and create further engagement from the team. 

tcowperthwaite
Participant

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Having a personal inbox within hubspot would be great

CHOPE1
Participant

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Great suggestion.

Would definitely save a lot of time throughtout the week from going back & forth

WPoole
Participant

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Please make this adjustment - this would make the system perfect for us and our useage

BClapp
Participant

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

A personal email inbox within HubSpot would only enhance a users experience & reduce the hassle of having to go outside. 

TStewart82
Participant

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

this would be very beneficial to our team

JSherborne
Participant

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Good idea, would be very beneficial

AkhileshGarud
Participant

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

This feature would be really useful for our team as they would not have to switch back and forth between an email client and HubSpot.

If this feature becomes available, HubSpot will become the only tool that they go to.

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Hi @VSchaljo 

Connecting your personal email means you as user can send, log and track outgoing emails and replies against contacts. So if let's say vschaljo@company.com sends and email to me at frank@inboundpro.com and you have the "create new contacts" option enabled in either the GMail or Outlook extension (see screenshot below), this will create a new contact in with the email frank@inboundpro.com in your HubSpot CRM.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 18.08.29.png

If you just send an email without the extension, nothing will happen because you have no connection with HubSpot, the extension essentially sends a copy of your email into HubSpot an associates it with the relevant objects.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Personal E-mail Inbox

SOLVE

Hi @VSchaljo,

While it's a bit unintuitive, that's expected behavior. For emails sent to your personally connected inbox, you will only see replies to emails sent from the CRM, the sales extensions or using the BCC address. This is explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/log-email-replies-in-the-crm

HubSpot assumes that you're still using an email client along with HubSpot for your personal emails. There is no inbox for personal emails directly inside of HubSpot.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.