Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

gil1002
Contributor

Partner deal registration

SOLVE

Hi,

We work with multiple partners/resellers. We want to give them the opportunity to register the deals they are working on to ensure that we won't work with their competitors on the same opportunity.

Ideally, a partner will go to a landing page, provide the company and contact info of the customer and this will create that contact, and a deal associated with it marked as a partner deal.

I've created the landing page with the form and thinking of creating a workflow that will make it into a deal, thoughts, suggestions?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gil1002,

I included that in my earlier post. If you set up a workflow that automatically creates deals from this partner form submissions, you could set up a notification:

"You could set up a workflow that notifies you if a contact record is already associated with a deal record. You can use the default number property Associated deals in a contact-based workflow for that. When this number is greater than 1 and the contact's Lifecycle stage is not "Customer", enroll a contact in the workflow and send an internal notification for someone to check whether this is a conflict of internal sales / sales partners."

With repeated form submissions for the same leads, the contact record of the lead would be updated, yes. If your deal automation creates a deal for each form submission, you would potentially have duplicate deals but the notification described above would alert you.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
OMedrano
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I have the same problem.

I create a custom object called dealer and a form for this dealer to report customers, which with automation creates a new deal.

My question is, how can I automatically associate this distributor registration to the client that is registered in the form and to the created opportunity?

0 Upvotes
KChelsberg
Contributor

SOLVE

I am having trouble following or setup up a form to capture the Deal Registration page.  Can someone provide an example of the page and what it might look like?

0 Upvotes
JDPC
Participant

SOLVE

Hello did you get the Deal Reg page figured out? Is it a custom landing page within the Hubspot templates or an external page that is passing data with the API?

0 Upvotes
gil1002
Contributor

SOLVE

I've created a Hubspot landing page, the form had the contact info of a person in the registered deal company and a custom field for that contact with the channel partner info

KChelsberg
Contributor

SOLVE

@gil1002 Are you able to provide a screenshot of what it might look like?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gil1002,

I included that in my earlier post. If you set up a workflow that automatically creates deals from this partner form submissions, you could set up a notification:

"You could set up a workflow that notifies you if a contact record is already associated with a deal record. You can use the default number property Associated deals in a contact-based workflow for that. When this number is greater than 1 and the contact's Lifecycle stage is not "Customer", enroll a contact in the workflow and send an internal notification for someone to check whether this is a conflict of internal sales / sales partners."

With repeated form submissions for the same leads, the contact record of the lead would be updated, yes. If your deal automation creates a deal for each form submission, you would potentially have duplicate deals but the notification described above would alert you.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AMathijs
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

We add the resellers to the "asociated companies"  of a deal with the label "Reseller". this is a beta feature. 

The end customer wil be the "primary company" of the deal. 

How can I add via the workflow, that has been executed by the form, the reseller as a associated company with the label "resseler"? 

First I need to grab the Company name of the Reseller by creating a new property. There after i can't find the tool to add a "associated company" -> label "Reseller" on a "deal".

You have any idea? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gil1002,

Joe would have to fill the form for Dan, not for himself. Otherwise, you're correct, you would be creating/updating Joe's contact record. Instead, a contact record should be created for Dan. In your partner lead registration form, the email field needs to be used for the lead's email address. In the additional form fields, you would capture the partner information. These values could then be used to trigger automatic deal creation.

(In any case, you should probably check with your data privacy officer if that is compliant with data privacy regulations where you are doing business, since you'd be processing personal data of a third party. This post does not constitue legal advice.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

gil1002
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks this is very helpful and makes sense. How do I prevent values in this form to be overwrite?

Lets say dan's deal is already created by a different partner, is there a way to prevent them to register it, or otherwise flag to us, but without overwriting the existing owner of that deal?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gil1002,

From what you've explained, that sounds like a good process to me.

Additionally, you could set up a workflow that notifies you if a contact record is already associated with a deal record. You can use the default number property Associated deals in a contact-based workflow for that. When this number is greater than 1 and the contact's Lifecycle stage is not "Customer", enroll a contact in the workflow and send an internal notification for someone to check whether this is a conflict of internal sales / sales partners.

This number property does not differentiate between open or closed deals so it's accuracy will not be 100%. Nevertheless, it will flag whether an internal sales rep is creating a deal for a contact that already has deals against it and might already be owned by a partner – or vice versa.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

gil1002
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm actually not sure how can it be done.

Joe@partner.com has registered a deal with company YY and a contact dan@yy.com, so I have a form filled by Joe and a field customer email with YY email (and the company name etc).

How can I create a workflow that will take dan@yy.com and check if participating in a deal already and if not then create a deal? if the trigger for the workflow is that form submission, how can I look on the last value of the customer name submitted there?

0 Upvotes