Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

IgorJovanovic

Organizing Contact Lists for SalesReps

SOLVE

Hello there,

We're trying to figure out the best way to organize contact lists for our SalesReps, on a daily basis for all expected/future activities.

We are using the Next action date and a brief to-do note in the Next action HS fields for all future tasks.

The limitation we're facing is that we cannot make an overview of the number of contacts each SalesRep will have to do in the future, which makes an uneven number of assignments for each of them.

Also, without this number, we're unable to do any forecasting in terms of  future resource allocation, employment etc...

Perhaps our approach is wrong, there might be a better solution inside HS - or, there's a workaround for what we need to accomplish?

Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer thanks again for tagging me on this post.

Hey @IgorJovanovic ,

happy to try and help you out here. It sounds like you're using mainly properties to safe this information. Is that correct?

If so, what you really want to use is the Tasks tool under Sales > Tasks.

Generally, this is the ideal way to see what reps have on their to-do lists, what the resources look like and so on. You might also want to create a couple of reports for you and your reps. 

In the report library there are a couple already to get you going like:

• Tasks incomplete assigned to all reps by activity date
  • Tasks incomplete assigned to me by due date

• Team activities by activity date -> This does include other activities like calls and so on.

If you found this post helpful, consider helping others in the community to find answers faster by marking this as a solution. I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer thanks again for tagging me on this post.

Hey @IgorJovanovic ,

happy to try and help you out here. It sounds like you're using mainly properties to safe this information. Is that correct?

If so, what you really want to use is the Tasks tool under Sales > Tasks.

Generally, this is the ideal way to see what reps have on their to-do lists, what the resources look like and so on. You might also want to create a couple of reports for you and your reps. 

In the report library there are a couple already to get you going like:

• Tasks incomplete assigned to all reps by activity date
  • Tasks incomplete assigned to me by due date

• Team activities by activity date -> This does include other activities like calls and so on.

If you found this post helpful, consider helping others in the community to find answers faster by marking this as a solution. I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @IgorJovanovic,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and for this detailed post!

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have advice.

Hi @Aakar@andrus@ChrisoKlepke - Do you have any organizational tips for @IgorJovanovic

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !