jleow
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Optimizing Your Time With Workflows [Best Tips and Tricks]

Are you busy? 

Probably!

Do you have access to workflows? 

I hope so! 

Here’s a couple of helpful tips and tricks on how to take advantage of your workflows tool and make the best use of your time. 

[Please note: users must have Workflows access permission to use workflows. The types of workflows that you can create depends on your HubSpot subscription. Visit our products and services catalog to see what automation is available to you.]

On Forms And Form Follow-ups

Making sure that the correct people are notified when a new lead comes in is essential. HubSpot forms have default notification emails that can be configured on both form and page levels

But if you want something more custom, you can use automated emails and workflows to ensure the right information goes to the right person:

Continue to delight visitors after they submit your forms - providing reassurance by confirming the submission (maybe for a coveted place in your webinar), or sending them customized emails based on form submissions:

Using Workflows To Up Your Campaign Game

Perhaps you previously attended a trade show or event and would like to attribute these hard-earned contacts to a specific Marketing Campaign. Use this handy workaround to do so: 

Keeping Your CRM Updated - Syncing Properties Between Objects

Sometimes we have properties that we want to keep in sync between associated records for one object type and another. You can use the method outlined here for keeping other properties in sync in addition to ‘Company Name’:

Reporting on Property Date of Change 

Reporting on the property date of change can be incredibly useful - this has been requested in our ideas forum here and is currently being reviewed. But in the meantime, you can use both these workarounds to store the date of change in another custom property for reporting: 

Email Automation - Which to select?

Workflows are great for automatically sending emails, but so are sequences. This will help you decide which to use:

Useful Workflow Workarounds

I love workflows, but they can have their limitations. Here’s a couple of handy tricks you can use to overcome them:

Correcting Any Unintentional Property Changes

Workflows make it easy to update properties quickly, but it also makes it easy to incorrectly bulk edit records. Here’s a workaround to fix any incorrect bulk property changes: 

Comment below if you have any other helpful tips and tricks you'd like to share!

2 Replies 2
NotoriousPiero

Hello, great content.

I'm wondering, is there a way to enroll someone in consecutive sequences? I find that the 5 sales mails per sequence fall a bit short on the cadence I'm trying to achieve, I'm looking for a 14-16 touchpoints sequence, can only get about 8-9 with Hubspot because of the limitation, (I have to mix tasks and calls into the sequence to grow touchpoints, I only get 5 touchpoints from email, I'd like to be getting 9-10) 

By using a workflow to re enroll the people that didn't answer in another sequence, I could solve this, not sure how to make it tho.

Again thanks for the support!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

So helpful, thank you for this overview, @jleow!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.