Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

rikmaris
Contributor

Notification on multiple tickets

SOLVE

Hi,

I am working with HubSpot Service and Sales hub. Now we have a lot of company's importerd. 

The problem we have is that sometimes we have multiple open tickets on one company. 

What a want is an workflow that i can send an slack notification that there are multiple tickets on a company.

What i did:

I did make an workflow with company but you can only have this enrollment: "At least one associated Ticket has" and that doesn't work.

Anyone an idea?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

So the only thing I can think of is a very roundabout way to do this which would require a couple steps in the process. 

-Create a number field on the company record. IE: "Number of open cases"

-When a new case is opened use a workflow to increase the value of that field by 1. You would need to make sure to cover the different ways/status levels cases could get open into

-When a case is closed/completed decrease the value of that field by one.

-Have a workflow that fires when the value of that field is greater than or equal to 2. Make sure this is something that can re-enroll so it can fire multiple times on the same company.

I know it is a very round and odd way to do this but actually should work really well once setup.

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

I see what you mean @rikmaris 

@JustinPerkinsC has suggested exactly what I was going to suggest.

Not ideal (it's a bit messy) but it should work!

Have fun

Mike

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @rikmaris , thank you for reaching out to the Community.

I will tag in some Community contributors who may have ideas to share.

@Mike_Eastwood @MatthewShepherd @JustinPerkinsC Do you have any thoughts on this?

JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

This is actually a really interesting concept and I am trying to think logically if there is any way you can do this. 

You wouldn't be able to do it on a ticket/case-based workflow as those are specific to a single object (or attached records). In those cases, it wouldn't be going to see if other cases are open. If there is any way to do this it would have to be company based but again typically workflows are targeting single items that meet rules not looking for multiples. 

Let me see if I can identify anything quickly on the company process which might get close to this. 

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes
JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

So the only thing I can think of is a very roundabout way to do this which would require a couple steps in the process. 

-Create a number field on the company record. IE: "Number of open cases"

-When a new case is opened use a workflow to increase the value of that field by 1. You would need to make sure to cover the different ways/status levels cases could get open into

-When a case is closed/completed decrease the value of that field by one.

-Have a workflow that fires when the value of that field is greater than or equal to 2. Make sure this is something that can re-enroll so it can fire multiple times on the same company.

I know it is a very round and odd way to do this but actually should work really well once setup.

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
drafeedie
Contributor

SOLVE

@JustinPerkinsC this seems like a good workaround, but do you mind sharing more details on the specific workflow? What is the best way to write the parameters around "If the company > ticket status becomes open" to trigger the increase of 1... and then "If the company > ticket status becomes closes" to trigger the negative? I think the piece i'm struggling with is when tickets are closed and then become reopened... and how to end up with an accurate count of the currently open tickets. Thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes
rikmaris
Contributor

SOLVE

im struggeling with the solution.

Thet workaround is fine. But i can't find a way to "identify" the new made tickets. 

If i try it within a company based workflow or in an ticket based workflow i dont get the tickets on the status "new" one time. 

Do you have any tips?

0 Upvotes
JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

mind sharing what criteria you are putting for your workflow enrollment? The re-enrollment piece is critical on these in case things shift overtime and a customer gets multiples. Sorry if I am not being extremely clear in my steps been a long week so sometimes easier to see visually and work through where you might have the problem. Hopefully, we can get this working really nicely for you.

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes
rikmaris
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks!

I'm going to build next week. Very happy with this thoughts!