Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SarahN
Contributor

Notification When Chatbot Creates New Client

SOLVE

Is there a way for me to be notified with a chatbot creates a new file?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SarahN

I've had a little look into this and it isn't obvious if/how this is possible. 

What I'm thinking is that after a bot captures and email addresss from an unknown contact, you could use the enrol in workflow action to send an internal notification email. If reenrolment is turned off, contacts should not be able to go through the workflow more than once. 

You might also improve performance by suppressing contacts from anything other than offline sources - if I understand correctly, contacts that are created by chat will have an original source of offline sources until they revisit, at which point their analytics history can be combined with the contact record. I don't fully understand this behaviour but it was explained like this to me by support recently. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SarahN

I've had a little look into this and it isn't obvious if/how this is possible. 

What I'm thinking is that after a bot captures and email addresss from an unknown contact, you could use the enrol in workflow action to send an internal notification email. If reenrolment is turned off, contacts should not be able to go through the workflow more than once. 

You might also improve performance by suppressing contacts from anything other than offline sources - if I understand correctly, contacts that are created by chat will have an original source of offline sources until they revisit, at which point their analytics history can be combined with the contact record. I don't fully understand this behaviour but it was explained like this to me by support recently. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
SarahN
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Phil, 

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I'm going to try creating the workflow and see if that will help me catch these folks. 

The one that we just had was actually a "referral source" because she clicked our site link from a client's website. Hopefully eventually  the chatbots will be their own source. 

0 Upvotes