Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JasmineTaylor

Note not showing

SOLVE

Hi,

I have created a zap on zapier with a note on a contact. When the contact shows up on Hubspot, the note appears for me colleague but not for me. Any idea on why I cannot see the notes?

Thank you,

Jasmine

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Note not showing

SOLVE

Hi @JasmineTaylor,

Have you checked whether you're looking at a filtered timeline? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-activities-on-a-contact-company-deal-ticket-record...

If you're looking at an unfiltered timeline, you might not have the user permissions to see notes. These can be updated under Settings > User & Teams. An admin (usually the person who invited you into HubSpot) would click on your user name and look for this option:

karstenkoehler_0-1668505873455.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Note not showing

SOLVE

Hi @JasmineTaylor,

Have you checked whether you're looking at a filtered timeline? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-activities-on-a-contact-company-deal-ticket-record...

If you're looking at an unfiltered timeline, you might not have the user permissions to see notes. These can be updated under Settings > User & Teams. An admin (usually the person who invited you into HubSpot) would click on your user name and look for this option:

karstenkoehler_0-1668505873455.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JimHarshaw
Participant

Note not showing

SOLVE

I'm having the same problem. I have a team member who is assigned a contact as an "Owner" of a contact. I've added a "Note" with information on that contact but he's not able to see the note. I've spent an hour trying to figure it out. I've even created a new contact record for the client and created a new "Note" with the same information but it's not showing up on his end. Please help. 

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Note not showing

SOLVE

@JimHarshaw as @BérangèreL mentioned, those details may help. 

If it were me, I'd start with the permissions of the person not able to see the note. Do they have access to all, or only "owned" data? HubSpot user permissions guide 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
JasmineTaylor

Note not showing

SOLVE

Hi,

As mentioned, I previously experienced this same issue but as the accepted solution suggests, changing the permissions solved this for me and now I can see notes.

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Note not showing

SOLVE

Hi @JimHarshaw,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that one user cannot see the notes on a contact record (where the user is actually the owner of the contact).

- Is the user not seeing all the notes? Or only some of the notes?
- Could you please send a screenshot of the user's permissions?

The more info, screenshots (without sensitive/confidential information), and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Can you please ask the user to try in an incognito window or with a different browser to see if this resolves the issue, please?

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @JenBergren, @Bryantworks and @OPerek-Clark, do you have any suggestions to help @JimHarshaw, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks and have a beautiful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

JasmineTaylor

Note not showing

SOLVE

Thank you, that has fixed it!

JasmineTaylor

Note not showing

SOLVE

Hi, thank you - it is a good suggestion but no, I have selected for it to show everything from all users and still the notes are not there for me but do show for my colleague.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Note not showing

SOLVE

Hi @JasmineTaylor,

I updated my earlier post to include a tip about permissions, did you see that?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

danmoyle

Note not showing

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler great catch on the notes permission. I haven't seen that one yet. I love the power HubSpot continues to give us over access, and also it's a LOT lol.

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/