Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Ian_Matt
Contributor

Need more than 100 criteria in your HubSpot Score?

Hey Folks, wanted to share a work around for an issue a client came up against.

They had a huge amount of scoring criteria that they wanted to use for their HubSpot score property. But score based properties only allow for 100 criteria.

My solution:
(Requires Marketing or Sales professional)

Fill up the standard HubSpot score property and create an additional score based property. This allows you to score 200 criteria.

Now use a calculated property to add the two scores together and call this something like 'Master Score'.

Master Score becomes your new scoring property and the others are just background properties that you won't surface.

Ian Matthews

Freelance HubSpot Expert

ianjosephmatthews@gmail.com
ianmatthewsfreelance.com
Book A Chat Here
3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@Ian_Matt  thanks for sharing this, but I'm dying over here trying to figure out how it's possible to need over 100 criteria, let alone needing 200 for the same scoring model.

Can you share some insight about the industry and company size? I'd love to put this into context a little.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Ian_Matt
Contributor

Hi @Jnix284 ! Great question, this was definitely a unique situation to be in.

This is a very large company with an international presence. They have multiple websites built on HubSpot for each of their country markets and so a large number of the criteria are page views for different content aligning with different parts of the buyers journey as well as download offers!

Ian Matthews

Freelance HubSpot Expert

ianjosephmatthews@gmail.com
ianmatthewsfreelance.com
Book A Chat Here
Jnix284

@Ian_Matt  very cool, thank you for sharing! 🤓

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes