Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

KaKaRoT
Contributor

Need Guidance on Email Archive or Unpublish

SOLVE

Hi there,

I have a few emails which had old website redirection links and are associated with old nurturing workflows and landing pages. I do not want those emails and their respective associates to be used for future use.

So should I mark those emails as archived or unpublish them? I'm a little bit confused with this, can anyone suggest a reliable solution for the same?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

The first step would be to replace these emails with a better suited alternative. If they're still being used in workflows, archiving or unpublishing them might mean that a contact receives nothing at all and that this part of a workflow is skipped.

After replacing the email, you can unpublish it or leave it be. I'd recommend renaming the email to something that includes 'archived' or 'outdated'. I would not archive the email as that means that you cannot easily access the analytics of that email, use it in filters etc.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

I would not archive the email as that means that you cannot easily access the analytics of that email, use it in filters etc. Unpublishing and renaming the email is the better option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

The first step would be to replace these emails with a better suited alternative. If they're still being used in workflows, archiving or unpublishing them might mean that a contact receives nothing at all and that this part of a workflow is skipped.

After replacing the email, you can unpublish it or leave it be. I'd recommend renaming the email to something that includes 'archived' or 'outdated'. I would not archive the email as that means that you cannot easily access the analytics of that email, use it in filters etc.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

KaKaRoT
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

Thanks for your super quick response.

At the moment we do not have any alternative emails for the existing workflows. However, the team wants me to archive those emails and workflows associated. So I'm getting confused if I mark them archived or make them unpublished. Can you please advise?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaKaRoT,

I would not archive the email as that means that you cannot easily access the analytics of that email, use it in filters etc. Unpublishing and renaming the email is the better option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

KaKaRoT
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thank you so much for your prompt advise. Appreciate it.

0 Upvotes