Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Rbacon

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

New to Hubspot, using free version currently.  I have contacts that are often categorized into multiple ID categories, for example Investor and Broker, is there a way to have multiple entries in one category in their CRM entry?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

Hi @Rbacon 

You basically have two choices for managing data like that: 

1. Create mulitple custom propeties (i.e. investor and broker) in the most appropriate format to contain the relevent informaton (e.g. checkbox for simple yes/no)
  2. Create a multi-checkbox property that contains multiple values (ie. investor, broker, etc) and that can have multiple options checked simultainiously

Does this help? If not, please share more information. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
MLavinger

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

I am also experiencing this issue and I am sure I have the multiselect option for the field set up. Any ideas why my import is only including 1 tag?

0 Upvotes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

@Rbacon 

I can see the right solutions has been proposed for your challenge. Still, I'm working on something to make it even easier to use tags.

Would be happy for your input or to try us out. Details here: HubTags 

Guy | linkedhub.io

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

Hi @Rbacon 

You basically have two choices for managing data like that: 

1. Create mulitple custom propeties (i.e. investor and broker) in the most appropriate format to contain the relevent informaton (e.g. checkbox for simple yes/no)
  2. Create a multi-checkbox property that contains multiple values (ie. investor, broker, etc) and that can have multiple options checked simultainiously

Does this help? If not, please share more information. 

0 Upvotes
Rbacon

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

Phil, On my initial setup I used the category from my previous CRM that happened to use the category Title ID,  I set this up as a multi option / select option response.  Then created all of the selections as instructed.  It only allows me to select one option, if I choose another option the previous selected option is changed.  

The first potential option that you mentioned trying is not viable for my purposes as I have about 20 categories of contacts that I track and I could not have 20 columns of options with yes/no as an answer.  

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

Hi @Rbacon 

It sounds like your property is configured as a dropdown (single option) rather than a mulit-checkbox (multiple options) - can you check this?

0 Upvotes
Rbacon

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

Phil,

No it is not the single yes/no option.  It is the multiple option but it does not allow you to select more than one option at a time.  I created several, maybe 20 options that I had in my previous database.  Once you click on one of the options Hubspot enters that into that property for that client.  You cannot however add a second response in that category, if you try to click on one it changes the answer to whatever the latest one you click on.

Is that possibly a Pro version function?  

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

Hi @Rbacon 

Hmm, I don't think that selecting mulitple checkboxes in a multi-checkbox property is a pro feature. 

Sorry to continue with the potentially dumb questions, but could your property be a radioselect type? These always only allow one option to be active. 

If this is also not the case, could you send a screenshot of your property settings for this property? 

0 Upvotes
Rbacon

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

Sorry, I finally found it, I was selecting the drop down option,  I missed the other, it seems to work now. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Multiple tags or ID's

SOLVE

Great - glad you were able to resolove it. Would you mark this as solved in that case?

0 Upvotes