Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

STrudeau

Multiparty (3+ ways) chat

SOLVE

Hubspot chat is only 2 ways (at the moment at least), do you know any integrations that would allow to have more than 2 people within the same chat conversation? I know Twillio and Zendesk Sunshine can do it but there's no integration with Hubspot.

Example of use case for a real estate company:

Husband and wife (2 contacts, 1 household AKA company) looking to book a showing via chat, hubspot user gets connected to husband who initiated the conversation and hubspot user adds the wife (other contact of the company) by the husband request.

2 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @STrudeau, I don't know of any solutions or integrations, so hopefully @kvlschaefer or one of the others might find or know of something, I'm happy to share a little food for thought...

This is a really intersting use case, coming from a background in homebuilding/real estate, I know how challenging it can be in HubSpot to manage two "primary" contacts, when they both want to be involved, but it seems like an outlier to need to chat with both parties on separate devices - unless of course they aren't in the same physical location, which presents other potential challenges.

I'm trying to picture in my mind how the rep or person on your team would handle chatting with both simultaneously - what happens if they contradict each other? what if they ask two different questions at the same time? 

While at first it might seem like having both of them in the chat is convenient, I think it's a more complex solution to a simpler problem, how to coordinate scheduling a showing with two parties.

You mentioned the purpose of the chat was that they want to book a showing, are you providing a meeting link that you can share in the chat?

Meeting links were designed to simplify the scheduling so there's less back and forth between you and your customers, my suggestion would be to share the link via chat and let the couple hash it out together.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@STrudeau so interesting! Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer. Like @Jnix284 I started in the home space back in the beginning of my marketing - at a mortgage bank. And also link Jennifer, I'm curious how this would work and wondering how people might use chat rather than a call or meeting. 

I haven't seen any software that allows for multiple chat participants, other than creating a messenger group or group text. Does WhatsApp allow it?

I don't know of this in tools like Drift or HubSpot, sorry! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@STrudeau so interesting! Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer. Like @Jnix284 I started in the home space back in the beginning of my marketing - at a mortgage bank. And also link Jennifer, I'm curious how this would work and wondering how people might use chat rather than a call or meeting. 

I haven't seen any software that allows for multiple chat participants, other than creating a messenger group or group text. Does WhatsApp allow it?

I don't know of this in tools like Drift or HubSpot, sorry! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @STrudeau, I don't know of any solutions or integrations, so hopefully @kvlschaefer or one of the others might find or know of something, I'm happy to share a little food for thought...

This is a really intersting use case, coming from a background in homebuilding/real estate, I know how challenging it can be in HubSpot to manage two "primary" contacts, when they both want to be involved, but it seems like an outlier to need to chat with both parties on separate devices - unless of course they aren't in the same physical location, which presents other potential challenges.

I'm trying to picture in my mind how the rep or person on your team would handle chatting with both simultaneously - what happens if they contradict each other? what if they ask two different questions at the same time? 

While at first it might seem like having both of them in the chat is convenient, I think it's a more complex solution to a simpler problem, how to coordinate scheduling a showing with two parties.

You mentioned the purpose of the chat was that they want to book a showing, are you providing a meeting link that you can share in the chat?

Meeting links were designed to simplify the scheduling so there's less back and forth between you and your customers, my suggestion would be to share the link via chat and let the couple hash it out together.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @STrudeau,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

This is a great question! I haven't found anything in an initial Google Search, but I will keep digging and update this post with my findings 🙂

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have any ideas.

Hi @danmoyle@Jnix284@Katherinegavin1 - Do you have any integration recommendations for @STrudeau?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !