Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ALaronze

Multi-country activity and contacts organisation

SOLVE

Hello

I am managing a multi country activity, which means that I will have a company which is established in different countries. I will have users for these different countries and will have to manage access authorisations by country, which means that people from Belgium should have access to Belgian contacts only.

I have 2 solutions for the building of my database:

1. Create a parent company, eg Zeldut, with daughter companies eg Zeldut UK, Zeldut Spain, Zeldut Belgium...

2. or create only one company name eg Zeldut and then manage the country through the field Hubspot team, and create country teams.

I believe that the first solution is clean, but it complicates a lot the management of the database, I feel. And in fact I am not sure of what benefits it can bring compared to solutions 2 which seems easier.

Would you have some advices, from experience of multi country management? Other solutions than the ones I propose?

Thanks in advance++

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ALaronze,

Could you explain what you mean when you say parent/affiliate? Are you referring to hierarchical teams? (parent-child relationships)

Generally, if you have country teams and no need for additional more complex permissions, I would not complicate things further.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ALaronze,

Could you elaborate what you mean when you're referring to a parent/daughter company in HubSpot?

Here's how I usually approach multi-country setups in HubSpot:

In your Professional subscription, you can create teams: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/how-can-i-create-a-team-in-hubspot

I would recommend to create a team in HubSpot for each country. You can then restrict contact access for users to Team only, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/hubspot-user-permissions-guide Your users will then only be able to see contacts assigned to themselves or to someone from their team, but not contacts assigned to users from other teams.

Creating permission sets for roles is unfortunately limited to the Enterprise subscriptions, you'd have to set up permissions for each contact individually.

Managing the contact ownership assignment can be automated. Instead of bulk editing these contacts, you could set up workflows that assign owners to certain contacts, based on which forms they've filled out,  based on properties (e.g. Preferred language) etc. This can be done with workflows.

When creating your permissions concept, keep in mind that some csv and xlsx files with contact information can be accessed by all users in some tools, e.g. the source files of imports in the import tool or the email performance files in the email tool. (Unless you limit access to these tools.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ALaronze

SOLVE

OK I understand the principle for the teams.

I juste wanted to know if in a streategic point of view, there is an interest to build parent/affiliate companies whan you manage multy country activities, or if there is no interest except to complicate the task...

Thank you for your answer.

Best Regards

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ALaronze,

Could you explain what you mean when you say parent/affiliate? Are you referring to hierarchical teams? (parent-child relationships)

Generally, if you have country teams and no need for additional more complex permissions, I would not complicate things further.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler