Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SSkillen

Meeting types between outlook and hubspot

SOLVE

We are trying to hold reps accountable for "sales meeting"s versus total client meetings ... we are hoping they can CATEGORIZE them in Outlook as a "sales meeting" and then Hubspot will grab the meeting type and record it as that type of meeting - know how to so that? $100 in Amazon from me if you do! 

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @SSkillen, thanks for reaching out! This is possible if you're using HubSpot Meetings links – here's how that works.

When you're configuring your HubSpot Meetings link (or when you're manually logging a meeting on a record), you have the option to set a "Type." That value can then be used in reporting as needed. Here is the official HubSpot Knowledge Base article on configuring and setting your "type" values.

If you head to Settings > Objects > Activities > Meetings tab > Edit options, you can set the respective "Type" values:

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 8.55.02 AM.png

You can then have the reps set the "Type" of meeting on their Meetings link. Keep in mind that this is a static value, so the value set on that link will apply for all meetings booked through it.

I think this is actually helpful for reporting and segmentation though! Essentially, your reps will create two separate HubSpot Meetings links (as long as you have at least a Sales Hub Starter subscription):

1. Sales meetings
  2. General client meetings

Both links will have the respective "Type" value selected, plus you'll have unique links for both and can easily distinguish the sales meetings from general client meetings. When your reps are scheduling sales meetings, they'll just need to be sure to use their sales link (same deal for general client meetings). Both links will sync with the same calendar and will block off the same events, so you don't need to worry about double bookings or anything like that.

And if a meeting changes direction or gets booked in the wrong place, the rep is still able to manually head into the contact record in HubSpot and update the "Type" accordingly:

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 9.02.41 AM.png

I know this is a bit more involved than setting something in Outlook and having it sync to HubSpot, but this is my best recommendation for getting the reporting that you want within HubSpot. Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @SSkillen, thanks for reaching out! This is possible if you're using HubSpot Meetings links – here's how that works.

When you're configuring your HubSpot Meetings link (or when you're manually logging a meeting on a record), you have the option to set a "Type." That value can then be used in reporting as needed. Here is the official HubSpot Knowledge Base article on configuring and setting your "type" values.

If you head to Settings > Objects > Activities > Meetings tab > Edit options, you can set the respective "Type" values:

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 8.55.02 AM.png

You can then have the reps set the "Type" of meeting on their Meetings link. Keep in mind that this is a static value, so the value set on that link will apply for all meetings booked through it.

I think this is actually helpful for reporting and segmentation though! Essentially, your reps will create two separate HubSpot Meetings links (as long as you have at least a Sales Hub Starter subscription):

1. Sales meetings
  2. General client meetings

Both links will have the respective "Type" value selected, plus you'll have unique links for both and can easily distinguish the sales meetings from general client meetings. When your reps are scheduling sales meetings, they'll just need to be sure to use their sales link (same deal for general client meetings). Both links will sync with the same calendar and will block off the same events, so you don't need to worry about double bookings or anything like that.

And if a meeting changes direction or gets booked in the wrong place, the rep is still able to manually head into the contact record in HubSpot and update the "Type" accordingly:

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 9.02.41 AM.png

I know this is a bit more involved than setting something in Outlook and having it sync to HubSpot, but this is my best recommendation for getting the reporting that you want within HubSpot. Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature