Marketing to existing customers
Sep 3, 2020 1:55 PM - edited Sep 16, 2020 9:52 AM
Writing to share some best practices around an often forgotten group within Marketing campaigns: the existing client.
With marketing teams focused on their top KPIs, which are usually traffic, conversion rates and new qualified leads, we underestimate the power of the existing customer. They are one step away of becoming your advocate, (and therefore be responsible for bringing more leads in). You just need to keep delighting them.
So besides having a stellar Service team, here are a few tips on how to market for existing customers with HubSpot:
- Welcome them: B2C companies tend to have a transactional email to thank clients for their purchase, but why not have a proper welcome email to your new acquired customer, even if they signed up for a consulting service or a software subscription? You can use a lifecycle-based email workflow to never again forget to welcome a new customer.
- Offer value post-purchase: They've seen all of your blog posts before proceeding to sign a contract, now it's the time to continue giving support on how to best use your product or service. Send them how-to guides or explainer videos or even share social posts from other users about that particular theme. Remember to use HubSpot lists, Products or your custom properties to make sure your content is relevant based on the data you have about this client.
- Foster a referral environment: Think about creating campaigns to encourage your clients to refer a friend. You may offer discounts or prizes is a social competition to drive referral leads. Use the Hubspot Analytics and Campaign tools to measure your efforts and results.
- Recognize loyalty: Your existing customer is saving your company tons of acquisition money. They deserve some recognition. It could be a badge, a discount or as simple as a thank you message. You can use a closed won deal stage in a renewal pipeline, a worfklow based on 'entered customer lifecycle stage date' or number of deals closed.
- Ask questions: Ask them what they want from you. If you offer a newsletter, ask the themes they're interested in knowing about. If you send them a survey, ask them what you could do better. You can use forms, subscription types and NPS surveys for that.
Now it's your turn, how do you market to your existing clients?