Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

LSunstrum
Participant

Marketing Source Tracking

Hey there,

I'm looking for the best practises to do marketing source tracking for calling our past cancellations who are already in HubSpot. So the source would be "Cancel Callbacks" and should be a deal property since the contact has been created a while back.

What's the best practise for tracking how many customers come from this outreach? Do you make campaigns and associate them to the deals or what would you recommend?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Participant

To track how many customers come from the "Cancel Callbacks" outreach, you can use a combination of campaign tracking and deal properties.

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create a new campaign in HubSpot and name it "Cancel Callbacks". This campaign will be used to track all the outreach activities related to your past cancellations.

2. Create a custom deal property in HubSpot called "Source". This property will be used to track the source of each deal, in this case, the "Cancel Callbacks" outreach.

3. Associate the "Cancel Callbacks" campaign with all the outreach activities related to past cancellations. For example, if you are making phone calls, sending emails, or running social media campaigns, you can create specific tracking URLs for each outreach activity and associate them with the "Cancel Callbacks" campaign.

4. When you create a new deal for a past cancellation, make sure to select the "Cancel Callbacks" campaign as the source. You can do this by setting the "Source" property on the deal to "Cancel Callbacks".

5. Finally, you can use HubSpot's reporting tools to track the number of deals that have the "Cancel Callbacks" campaign as the source. This will give you an accurate picture of how many customers are coming from your "Cancel Callbacks" outreach.

By following these best practices, you can easily track the effectiveness of your "Cancel Callbacks" outreach and make data-driven decisions to improve your marketing efforts.

elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @LSunstrum,

Am I over simplifying it if I was to suggest creating a report based on Closed Won deals with Source "Cancel Callbacks"?

Or is there some extra context I'm missing that would lead to a different solution?

Eli

Problem solver @ crmsquad 

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.