Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Mapping deal roles

Asesor distinguido

I'm looking for a way to have a form where you map different contacts to their roles in the buying process as described in Hubspot's article  here I thought that playbook will be the place, but a playbook can only be attached to a contact not a deal, so it doesn't help. 

I'm quite surprise Hubspot doesn't offer something standard for it as this is pretty basic Salesforce feature https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sales_core_contact_roles.htm&type=5

What is the best way to map the buying center contacts of a deal? 

6 Respuestas 6
Gurú de la comunidad

Hi, @gil1001. If you're integrated with Salesforce, you'll be able to do some Salesforce-side automation, along with the deal sync, to get the intended value there. 

I can guess as to why you don't see this feature in HubSpot - it's a pretty limited schema, with just four primary objects, and no kinds of relationship data type that exists in the system (let alone one which manages a one-to-many relationship). There are instances of fields which operate like this in the context of the HubSpot-Salesforce integration, like the Salesforce Campaign IDs property, but these use cases are limited and uncustomizable. 

If you are using the Salesforce connector and have deal sync enabled, you could set up some Process Builder automation that fires on the opportunity contact role, and writes the contact's role somewhere on the opportunity, on a mapped field which syncs to HubSpot. Even if you attempt something like this, it would only be valid on one contact (make the automation fire on the primary opportunity contact, if so), so it's limited in its application. 

But you're looking for something which hasn't been built into the platform, nor is easily customized to do so - you'd either have to rig the Salesforce connector, or do custom development work via the API to get the values that you want. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Responder
0 Me gusta
Asesor distinguido

We don't use Salesforce, but rather Hubspot Enterprise. In a B2B setting typically there are about 5-8 people involved in the decision making. 

Hubspot let you attach contacts, I would like to explain their role in the buying decision. I don't think that this is an unreasonable request, I just don't know how to do it from the deal look.

I know I can do it in each contact's record, but this will not be very friendly to use

Gurú de la comunidad

I understand completely. All I'm saying is the thing you're looking for isn't doable in-app, and is only doable in context of some integrations, or custom development work. Those aren't resources which are available to every org, so if that's not feasible - which is completely understandable - the best you'll be able to do is mark up deals manually with something resembling a role. 

Yes, the use case is simple and understandable. It's also not something that's available in the tool, so there's a limited amount of options on how to emulate something like the feature you're describing.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Responder
0 Me gusta
Asesor distinguido

I know it is currently not offered (and still quite surprised about it). I was just hoping that someone found a way to work around it. I guess I'll publish it in the ideas community :-(

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I wanted to add my support to this idea. It would be very helpful if HubSpot granted the ability to 'tag' users with specific roles/functions, either within a deal or within a company. 

When a company become a customer with us, there are many different POCs (Point of Contact) within the company. Right now we have company fields we created as follows: Billing POC, Billing POC email, Billing POC Phone, Primary Contact POC, Primary Contact POC Phone, etc etc. 

Essentially it involves a bunch of copying and pasting of a contact's information into the company record. It would be a lot more convenient if you could 'pin' a contact to a company/deal and tag them with their particular role. I know that you can associate contacts with specific deals, and that a list of associated contacts will appear on their company record, but they are all considered to be the same. There's no ability to 'tag' a deal contact as someone important: the decision maker, corporate sponsor, etc. 

Same goes for companies: how do I make note of our primary contact at a company? 

I understand I could create drop down fields for the contact record indicating their role, or do the same for a company/deal, but really I don't want to have to paste a contact and their info into a company/deal record. I want to 'pin' them to the company, and have their specific 'role' displayed prominently next to their name. 

Responder
0 Me gusta
Occasional Contributor

I wanted to add my support to this idea. It would be very helpful if HubSpot granted the ability to 'tag' users with specific roles/functions, either within a deal or within a company. 

When a company become a customer with us, there are many different POCs (Point of Contact) within the company. Right now we have company fields we created as follows: Billing POC, Billing POC email, Billing POC Phone, Primary Contact POC, Primary Contact POC Phone, etc etc. 

Essentially it involves a bunch of copying and pasting of a contact's information into the company record. It would be a lot more convenient if you could 'pin' a contact to a company/deal and tag them with their particular role. I know that you can associate contacts with specific deals, and that a list of associated contacts will appear on their company record, but they are all considered to be the same. There's no ability to 'tag' a deal contact as someone important: the decision maker, corporate sponsor, etc. 

Same goes for companies: how do I make note of our primary contact at a company? 

I understand I could create drop down fields for the contact record indicating their role, or do the same for a company/deal, but really I don't want to have to paste a contact and their info into a company/deal record. I want to 'pin' them to the company, and have their specific 'role' displayed prominently next to their name. 

Responder
0 Me gusta