Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Edyta7510
Orientador(a)

Managing product unit costs

Hello, 

I'm struggling to set up a good framework for managing product unit costs in HubSpot. 

The unit cost for the same product may differ from customer to customer, it may be even different for certain orders of the same product on the same account. It's impossible for me to fill in any reference unit cost in the product library. How do you manage this? 

The simplest answer would be to enter it manually for each deal, but needless to say, this sounds like madness. 

Many thanks for all insights!

Edyta

0 Avaliação positiva
4 Respostas 4
Edyta7510
Orientador(a)

@TrujayJay @LouiseGlover 

Hi Guys, 

You are both right this can be done with custom fields on products. The only drawback is that the values would not be specific to a product, but the same product would have different values depending on the account it's offered to (really complex). I doubt I would be able to manage this using any kind of workflows, so was thinking this should be managed on a deal level perhaps. 

Let me know what you think. 

LouiseGlover
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro

Hi,

This is a tricky one to answer as there could be a number of solutions here with custom fields and other options. Without a little extra information, I can't pinpoint an exact answer. but happy to connect and unpack this further. 

Thanks

TrujayJay
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Hi @Edyta7510 - To be frank, I'm not sure what the best solution is here. The only thing that comes to mind is to create custom fields within Products where you can store some of this reference information.

I've got some excellent HubSpot consultants on my team if you'd like to talk further to see what other solutions might exist.

Trujay | Noah Hendricks
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hello @Edyta7510  thank you for sending all this helpful information on what you need. I would like to invite our top experts to this conversation @Phil_Vallender @LouiseGlover @TrujayJay any recommendations to @Edyta7510 ?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !