Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Spaceman
Participant

Managing multiple Hubspot accounts - one email address or multiple?

SOLVE

Hi All,

I work for 3 different business, each with their own Hubspot accounts.

I've joined the Hubspot accounts of each different business using the different email address I have with each of these businesses, etc.

ross@company1.com
ross@company2.com
ross@company3.com

My problem/challenge is that I don't think this allows me to easily switch between Hubspot accounts in the mobile Hubspot app or desktop.

I think it would be a lot easier to switch between Hubspot accounts if I used just a single email address (e.g. my personal email address), and used this same email address as my login to all the Hubspot accounts.

But then I'm not sure if it's optimal for each business' Hubspot account if I'm logged in using my personal email address for each.

Any advice on best practice please?

Thanks,

Ross

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Welcome to my world @Spaceman 

We're HubSpot Partners so we're constantly switching between multiple accounts.

So, here's how I [try to] keep sane:

• I use one email address (with maximum super powers) for all accounts. This is our agency email address (in your example your personal one... but I'd try to get a new company email address for your own sanity). It's really easy to switch between accounts (under your profile - top right). 

• For the clients where we do customer facing work (e.g. send or reply to emails) we have an email address, (for their domin) with a login to HubSpot (e.g. ross@company1.com). But we hardly ever log into HubSpot with that user. So we keep the permissions as low as possible.

Bonus tip:

• To avoid confusion I keep one browser per [big] client so I know if I'm in Firefox, I'm working in Company 1, using ross@company1.com.  Then in Brave I have Company 2, using ross@company2.com. You get the picture. My main browser is Chrome which has most of my life. And this setup means I can ALT + Tab between screens (clients) easily.
  • Also, I use Shift (referral link) which allows me to keep my primary inbox (and calendar, and Jira, and Socials, all connected to HubSpot) out of my browser tabs (making like easier). 

I tried using Profiles in Google Chrome Browser Profiles but it's messy... I backed out of that.

Have fun

Mike

p.s. thanks for the mention @MiaSrebrnjak 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Welcome to my world @Spaceman 

We're HubSpot Partners so we're constantly switching between multiple accounts.

So, here's how I [try to] keep sane:

• I use one email address (with maximum super powers) for all accounts. This is our agency email address (in your example your personal one... but I'd try to get a new company email address for your own sanity). It's really easy to switch between accounts (under your profile - top right). 

• For the clients where we do customer facing work (e.g. send or reply to emails) we have an email address, (for their domin) with a login to HubSpot (e.g. ross@company1.com). But we hardly ever log into HubSpot with that user. So we keep the permissions as low as possible.

Bonus tip:

• To avoid confusion I keep one browser per [big] client so I know if I'm in Firefox, I'm working in Company 1, using ross@company1.com.  Then in Brave I have Company 2, using ross@company2.com. You get the picture. My main browser is Chrome which has most of my life. And this setup means I can ALT + Tab between screens (clients) easily.
  • Also, I use Shift (referral link) which allows me to keep my primary inbox (and calendar, and Jira, and Socials, all connected to HubSpot) out of my browser tabs (making like easier). 

I tried using Profiles in Google Chrome Browser Profiles but it's messy... I backed out of that.

Have fun

Mike

p.s. thanks for the mention @MiaSrebrnjak 

CZimarino
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Mike, just to clarify here you are my case:

I work as free lance consultant.

I have sometimes 2 sometimes 3 companies that ask for my services. My clients.

For each company I use an email address under their domain.

I am logged in Hubspot with my own business email address.

Under Your Preferences>Settings>General>Email I connected the email of one of my clients i.e. Client A to Hubspot.

This way I use Hubspot extension for Outlook and I send email, check tasks etc. all perfectly working from Outlook on my Mac.

Today I have a second client i.e. Client B that just joined.

For Client B I would like to use Hubspot too and I need to send emails using Client's B email address.

At the same time I would need to use for Client B the same database of customers that I am using for Client A (they work in the same industry so for me it is good to have only one CRM database from where check info: you tell me if this is possible? And if not do I need to export the database from Client A and import into Client B? But this way if something changes in Client A's database that change is not automatically reported in Client B's database, correct? Which thing I do not like).

Now, not sure if it is all clear they way I showed my case. 

To recap:

I have 2 clients.

I have to use 2 different email addresses to send emails: 

Claudio@clientA.com

Claudio@clientB.com 

I would like to have one single database of customers for both clients.

I use Outlook for Mac with the Hubspot extension.

How to make all of this working?

PS: please basic instructions since I am not really a geek 😉

Thanks!!!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Spaceman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I want to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any advice:

Hi @Mike_Eastwood@ConnorSlivensky@ChrisoKlepke, could you lend @Spaceman your insights / experience? Thank you!  

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings