Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Julienleg
Membro

Managing B2C and B2B customers within Hubspot

resolver

Hi,

I'm wondering what would be the best way to manage both B2C and B2B customers within Hubspot. Indeed, in our company, we are dealing with both types of customers. Depending on the customer type, we'll have to setup different flows, messages, forms, ...

It is not clear to me whether it would be better to create 2 separates Hubspot accounts (one per customer type) - or to use the same Hubspot account. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Julien

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Tnichs
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi Julien, there's a number of different ways to achieve this and unfortunately without knowing more about your individual case, it's difficult to advise fully, but one way would be the use of personas.  Ensure that they can self select their persona on the form completion (I.e. use the persona property, but give it a label of "What best describes you") if they are using the same form/content offer, or if you are using a different content offer for a b2b and b2c customer, then you can use a workflow to set the persona.

If you have multiple b2b or b2c persona's it may be worth setting a custom property of 'customer type' which can either be b2b or b2c.  Then have a workflow change the property dependant upon a form fill or which persona they are.

Hope that helps.

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 21.24.12.png

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
Josh_C
Participante

resolver

Hi,

I'm facing the same situation and was hoping to see how this was solved in your company?

Here's my sitation:

• Currently, our business model is strictly B2B. All of our workflows, sequences, etc. in HS are directed squarely at leads for B2B offerings.
  • However, we want to start offering our product direct to end consumers as well (B2C). 
  • The problem I'm seeing with that is: how to manage and keep these two types of contacts separate in HS? On the surface, it seems like mixing these two worlds would be a mess, but I would imagine we're not the first company to encounter this issue.
    • How can we manage these two different types of contacts (market to them, use automation, etc.) in a sane way where they will never accidently cross paths or create reporting nightmares?

Any advice @Tnichs or @Julienleg or anyone else?

Thanks!

Josh

Tnichs
Solução

resolver

Hi Julien, there's a number of different ways to achieve this and unfortunately without knowing more about your individual case, it's difficult to advise fully, but one way would be the use of personas.  Ensure that they can self select their persona on the form completion (I.e. use the persona property, but give it a label of "What best describes you") if they are using the same form/content offer, or if you are using a different content offer for a b2b and b2c customer, then you can use a workflow to set the persona.

If you have multiple b2b or b2c persona's it may be worth setting a custom property of 'customer type' which can either be b2b or b2c.  Then have a workflow change the property dependant upon a form fill or which persona they are.

Hope that helps.

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 21.24.12.png

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero
Julienleg
Membro

resolver

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your answer. It really helps.

Julien

0 Avaliação positiva